Superchips Flashpaq

jjdias

Hi All,

Question for you, can you adjust the temp the fans come on with the Superchips flashpaq. My 2017 JKUR can run kinda hot (240 degrees) pulling long grades in the summer. I was told by a friend of a friend he adjusted the temp that both fans come on 10 degrees lower with a flashpaq. I currently have a flashcal and would upgrade it if this is true. Have any of you done it or did I get told some B.S.?

If the fans can already barely keep up, will turning them on 10 degrees lower actually help?

My dad's '69 Cadillac had an extra radiator mounted out front. There was a spray of water on the radiator to help keep it cooler. This actually worked since it did not overheat pulling the camping trailer in the summer heat. The long uphill grade between San Diego and Las Vegas was perhaps the ultimate challenge.

Perhaps the best solution is to add more actual cooling.

Hi All,

Question for you, can you adjust the temp the fans come on with the Superchips flashpaq. My 2017 JKUR can run kinda hot (240 degrees) pulling long grades in the summer. I was told by a friend of a friend he adjusted the temp that both fans come on 10 degrees lower with a flashpaq. I currently have a flashcal and would upgrade it if this is true. Have any of you done it or did I get told some B.S.?
They can be turned on sooner if my memory serves me correctly.

I would just inspect your cooling system as well tho to make sure that your coolant is fresh, full, and you don’t have a leak anywhere allowing for an air pocket to form

I had an OG superchips tuner for my 2008 JK . Yes you can change the temps the fan can turn on . I ran a 180 degree thermostat and adjusted the fan , low , medium and high speed temps. I would imagine you could do the same for your 2017. I would also look at grill obstructions (winch or lights blocking the grill) and just a check of your coolant system. I live in Oklahoma where its regularly 100++ degrees in the summer. The 180 degree fail safe thermostat may be a good idea for you .
good luck
Matt

Top Bottom