Stock Touchscreen Satellite radio with Nav

For any of those members who wonder why we get on "first time" posters to the for sale thread, this is a great example. This thread should be flagged in the for sale section. While it totally sucks to have $230 paper weight, it's the exact reason why many say this is not craigslist.

Yep, duly noted. I didn't think someone in an open forum community would do that but shit happens. Oh well.

For any of those members who wonder why we get on "first time" posters to the for sale thread, this is a great example. This thread should be flagged in the for sale section. While it totally sucks to have $230 paper weight, it's the exact reason why many say this is not craigslist.
I completely agree. It's the people who come to a forum just to sell shit, or join up for a year or more and be inactive during that year, and then suddenly return to sell shit, that usually burn people. Prime example right here.

The seller is actually online right now. Maybe he can chime in and offer something to remedy the situation. Have you tried contacting him?

The seller is actually online right now. Maybe he can chime in and offer something to remedy the situation. Have you tried contacting him?

Read above, I called him and he lied about texting me that it wasn't navigation. After being lied to this many times I just took it up with my credit card company and paypal. The last thing I need is him lying about refunding me or withdrawing his money/cc from paypal before the dispute is finalized.

Read above, I called him and he lied about texting me that it wasn't navigation. After being lied to this many times I just took it up with my credit card company and paypal. The last thing I need is him lying about refunding me or withdrawing his money/cc from paypal before the dispute is finalized.

My post was more of a jab in the seller's direction to get him to post on here to explain himself. He seems to have no trouble posting what driveshaft he bought, therefor he should have no trouble giving his version of events and offer a remedy to fix it.

99% of my online payments sent and received are via paypal. A common thing for the seller to do in a paypal claim is to ask the buyer to "Drop the claim so he can refund your money." Don't do that, you lose all buyer protection and ultimately your money. Just let the claim take its course. You will win.

99% of my online payments sent and received are via paypal. A common thing for the seller to do in a paypal claim is to ask the buyer to "Drop the claim so he can refund your money." Don't do that, you lose all buyer protection and ultimately your money. Just let the claim take its course. You will win.

This is true ^^^^^. I've been through a paypal claim. They take a while, but ultimately, you as the buyer have the most pull. Stick it out, you'll get your cash back. good luck.

What a shame to see this crap taking place in the For Sale section of such a great forum. :mad: I really appreciate all the advice I've gotten from folks here.

oh man, this sucks. did you at least get some of the chips everyone was passing around? :cheesy:

been through this with Paypal before, everyone above is correct, hold out and let them do what they do. if you drop the claim, the seller can easily run... :naw:

My post was more of a jab in the seller's direction to get him to post on here to explain himself. He seems to have no trouble posting what driveshaft he bought, therefor he should have no trouble giving his version of events and offer a remedy to fix it.

Ah, got it. He ended up texting me yesterday asking why I was bashing him on the forum - told him I told everybody what happened and you guys formulated your own opinions. Never responded to anything I said to him about knowingly selling me something that he claimed was something else.

What a shame to see this crap taking place in the For Sale section of such a great forum. :mad: I really appreciate all the advice I've gotten from folks here.

I agree man. I'm actually pretty new to the forum. I met a bunch of people at a jeep bash in Long Beach, CA who all recommended this forum so I checked it out and I think its great. But you'll always have the bad seeds.

This is true ^^^^^. I've been through a paypal claim. They take a while, but ultimately, you as the buyer have the most pull. Stick it out, you'll get your cash back. good luck.

oh man, this sucks. did you at least get some of the chips everyone was passing around? :cheesy:

been through this with Paypal before, everyone above is correct, hold out and let them do what they do. if you drop the claim, the seller can easily run... :naw:

Thanks for the tips. Jeepjeep75 offered me some biscuit and gravy chips, free of charge so hopefully I'll get some of those haha. But I agree with you all, I'm going to let the claim ride out. He is asking me to ship it back to him and he'll refund me. I was actually told not to ship anything in a PayPal email as well, even if I did trust him (ha!) I would still wait till the claim is settled.

Ah, got it. He ended up texting me yesterday asking why I was bashing him on the forum - told him I told everybody what happened and you guys formulated your own opinions. Never responded to anything I said to him about knowingly selling me something that he claimed was something else.

That's kinda what I thought would happen. If he felt he had made a legitimate sale, he would have come on here and defended himself. Sorry this happened to you and I hope paypal makes it right because the seller obviously isn't going to.

Maybe the OP will decide to show up here and give his side of things. :idontknow:

Yeah, we'll see. He deflected every message I sent him about lying that it had navigation. I'm curious what he can possibly say that would indicate he did not knowingly try to scam me. He did say that it worked when he shipped it though :flag_bs:

Well said. Agree completely.

All of it was a misunderstanding. I haven't lied. Texts between he and I were either sent to wrong people or something. But all is well, I sent for a full refund.

All of it was a misunderstanding. I haven't lied. Texts between he and I were either sent to wrong people or something. But all is well, I sent for a full refund.

Is this serious? The advertisement was for a unit with navigation. The buyer received a unit without navigation. How does this constitute a misunderstanding?

Top Bottom