Stock build

Alright so need some opinions. I have a 2020 JLU sport which I was going to build up. Now I think we have decided that I am going to most likely hand this to my wife for our “family” car and I am going to just get a 2 door which I will fully build. With that being said we are still going to throw some 33’s or 34’s on it. But with no lift we still want quality over stock. So along with that I want to upgrade everything. Most likely going with Fox shocks and what not since I happen to get an industry “discount”, (A little goes a long way) but upgrade bushings, coils etc… etc…. Any one else do the no lift thing but upgrade everything that can be. Opinions!?

Not sure what you mean by 'upgrade' by spending money replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. I ran 35s on a jlu sport and jt sport with no lift on either for years. No issues. Jlu would rub off-roading but on road, no issues.

No lift on either. Both Sport trim:

1000002001.jpg

1000002000.jpg

Not sure what you mean by 'upgrade' by spending money replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. I ran 35s on a jlu sport and jt sport with no lift on either for years. No issues. Jlu would rub off-roading but on road, no issues.
Basically that. Replacing parts to higher grade parts. We will take it slightly off roading when we take it to our spot to camp which is in the backwoods but nothing you would have to climb just heavily rooted out for a couple of miles.

Basically that. Replacing parts to higher grade parts. We will take it slightly off roading when we take it to our spot to camp which is in the backwoods but nothing you would have to climb just heavily rooted out for a couple of miles.
If you're going to replace coils, just do the Rancho sport lift. But not needed in my opinion.

Alright so need some opinions. I have a 2020 JLU sport which I was going to build up. Now I think we have decided that I am going to most likely hand this to my wife for our “family” car and I am going to just get a 2 door which I will fully build. With that being said we are still going to throw some 33’s or 34’s on it. But with no lift we still want quality over stock. So along with that I want to upgrade everything. Most likely going with Fox shocks and what not since I happen to get an industry “discount”, (A little goes a long way) but upgrade bushings, coils etc… etc…. Any one else do the no lift thing but upgrade everything that can be. Opinions!?
While shocks are worth upgrading, I personally would keep your factory control arms being that they have clevite bushings and will be maintenance free and stay nice and quite for the life of your Jeep. Even if you install a small lift, I would only replace what is needed to give you more caster and that would just be front lower control arms. As far as things like your track bar, drag link and tie rod goes, there is some benefit to upgrading them.

While shocks are worth upgrading, I personally would keep your factory control arms being that they have clevite bushings and will be maintenance free and stay nice and quite for the life of your Jeep. Even if you install a small lift, I would only replace what is needed to give you more caster and that would just be front lower control arms. As far as things like your track bar, drag link and tie rod goes, there is some benefit to upgrading them.
Perfect! I’m used to actually building with full suspen Upgrades and full mods so keeping it “normal” for her is the goal! So I was curious if and how someone would go about it! Appreciate ya!

Top Bottom