Steering wheel shake

No! Its sole purpose is to stabilize your steering in the event of hitting a pot hole or other object which could throw your steering off. It dampens that blow to allow you to maintain control. If the world were a perfect place and roads were pristine, it would not be needed at all

That's what the problem is. When I hit a bump the steering wheel shakes back and forth.

That's what the problem is. When I hit a bump the steering wheel shakes back and forth.

A jolt for just an instant fallowing the pothole(what the stabilizer is for) is not a wobble lasting for a few seconds or more. That jolt is what I'm referring to in the prior post.

I'm gonna bring it to the dealership on Monday to get them to look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is why I posted up the video for you to look at. I wanted you to see the difference between Death Wobble and a simple BumpSteer.

What wheels do you have? I had the same problem you have. Finally traced it to my steel wheels not being perfectly round. Replaced them with alloys and all is good. Just one of many possibilities, but it worked for me. Good luck.

Brought the jeep in and it was the steering stabilizer. They changed it under warranty.

Thanks for your help

Brought the jeep in and it was the steering stabilizer. They changed it under warranty.

Thanks for your help

Maybe you missed it when it was said multiple times, the steering stabilizer DOES NOT cause death wobble.

Back up bud.

You said that when your wife shook the steering wheel there was a clicking sound. There should not be a clicking sound, this means there is play somewhere. If the shops said your tie rod ends are good, i would check the draglink ends and see if the track bar holes are out of round.

A new steering stabilizer will help but it is not the cause of your problem sir.

Keep us updated on what the cause is.

Educational videos on finding the source:

[edited]

Back up bud.

You said that when your wife shook the steering wheel there was a clicking sound. There should not be a clicking sound, this means there is play somewhere. If the shops said your tie rod ends are good, i would check the draglink ends and see if the track bar holes are out of round.

A new steering stabilizer will help but it is not the cause of your problem sir.

[edited]

Horrible videos. That guy is a dumbass. Also there is a death wobble thread on here that doesn't direct you to someone's YouTube page, who by the way blatantly hates wayalife.

Last edited:
After watching that video. I don't think I even had death wobble.

Even still, bumpsteer will cause more wear and tear and that can eventually turn into death wobble. Better to catch it now than let it get to a point where it'll cost a few hundred bucks in new front end components. Good luck with your diagnosis.

Maybe you missed it when it was said multiple times, the steering stabilizer DOES NOT cause death wobble.

I don't think he ever had DW, when he commented on the video I posted a few days ago he said his wasn't that bad. Tells me he had nothing more than a little bump steer.

Even still, bumpsteer will cause more wear and tear and that can eventually turn into death wobble. Better to catch it now than let it get to a point where it'll cost a few hundred bucks in new front end components. Good luck with your diagnosis.

Welcome, where have you been for so long??

Back up bud.

:cheesy: Is it really getting so bad over on JKFreaks? Seriously, why are you here?

Take it to a 4wd shop that does in house real 4x4 alignments. My Jeep's steering wheel used to bounce all over every time I hit a bump. The caster angle was out and the wrong cam bolt kit was used. Now it's a lot better.

Stndrd crew

Top Bottom