Spod Bantam and ARB twin compressor

14ACES

I have done a search on here. I read Eddie’s post on spod. In total agreement the Eddie...the guy was dirtbag for not being honest and just sighing up as a vendor to begin with.

With that aside. I am trying to figure out options. I purchased a ARB twin and under hood mount. I am looking for a clean controller. I originally came across the spod and the spod bantam.

I am curious what controllers everyone is using. I would like to keep the wiring simple into the interior.

Any recommendations??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Over the years I've had an Spod, SFZ central command, and switch pros, without a doubt the switch pro was my favorite, straight fwd install, I like the button interface better than the switches, I think it looks cleaner in the newer vehicles. Once I have a need for more switches in the JL I'll be getting another switch pros.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ll throw one more idea out there, the ARB Linx system. Its a lot more involved than the switch pros but does take the compressor to another level of control with the ability to set and monitor the actual pressure and a whole lot of other functions. The switch pro is a simple and reliable system as well. Can’t go wrong with that either.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I have done a search on here. I read Eddie’s post on spod. In total agreement the Eddie...the guy was dirtbag for not being honest and just sighing up as a vendor to begin with.

With that aside. I am trying to figure out options. I purchased a ARB twin and under hood mount. I am looking for a clean controller. I originally came across the spod and the spod bantam.

I am curious what controllers everyone is using. I would like to keep the wiring simple into the interior.

Any recommendations??

Switch Pros not only because its a great product but because the owners are great people!!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ll throw one more idea out there, the ARB Linx system. Its a lot more involved than the switch pros but does take the compressor to another level of control with the ability to set and monitor the actual pressure and a whole lot of other functions. The switch pro is a simple and reliable system as well. Can’t go wrong with that either.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

The ARB Linx setup looks really cool. I can’t seem to find anyone reviewing it. I am wondering who has run this set up?

The ARB Linx setup looks really cool. I can’t seem to find anyone reviewing it. I am wondering who has run this set up?

Nor could I. I did a ton of research on it and talking to the Techs at ARB before I bought and installed mine. I went that route because it controls everything in the Jeep from one panel. My compressor, lockers, frig, lights, comms, TMPS, and batteries. The installation is time consuming, it’s a lot more involved than the switch pros or the shitpod. But it will also automatically controls back up lights in reverse, front off road lights when your brights go on and a lot of other customized controls than that.

With the compressor accessory, you can inflate or deflate your tires to an exact psi and it always displays your current system pressure when the compressor is on. When you are filling them back up, It is a bit slow as the pressure gets close to the desire level because it adds air, then stops for a couple seconds to sample it, then adds more. I’ve had better luck setting the pressure about 5 psi high and then watching it and shutting it off when it gets to the desired pressure. I’ve set my Jeep up with a 4 tire fill up system, so it does all 4 at the same time.

The TMPS module shows current pressure of all 4 tires and your spare. There are two preset settings, on and off-road. Once you drop your tire pressure down, you can still monitor pressure at off-road level and if you get a leak in a tire, the alarm will sound.

Mines been installed and operating for a few months now and it hasn’t failed or locked up. It takes a bit to get used to the scrolling thru the menus, but once you set it up and get familiar with it, it’s smooth to operate it. Mounting the display has been the only issue so far. I liked it up high when my hardtop was on, but it was blinding when the sun would hit it with the top off.

IMG_2897.jpg

So I relocated it down and it’s been a lot better by the center console

IMG_2886.jpg

Hope this help!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Nor could I. I did a ton of research on it and talking to the Techs at ARB before I bought and installed mine. I went that route because it controls everything in the Jeep from one panel. My compressor, lockers, frig, lights, comms, TMPS, and batteries. The installation is time consuming, it’s a lot more involved than the switch pros or the shitpod. But it will also automatically controls back up lights in reverse, front off road lights when your brights go on and a lot of other customized controls than that.

With the compressor accessory, you can inflate or deflate your tires to an exact psi and it always displays your current system pressure when the compressor is on. When you are filling them back up, It is a bit slow as the pressure gets close to the desire level because it adds air, then stops for a couple seconds to sample it, then adds more. I’ve had better luck setting the pressure about 5 psi high and then watching it and shutting it off when it gets to the desired pressure. I’ve set my Jeep up with a 4 tire fill up system, so it does all 4 at the same time.

The TMPS module shows current pressure of all 4 tires and your spare. There are two preset settings, on and off-road. Once you drop your tire pressure down, you can still monitor pressure at off-road level and if you get a leak in a tire, the alarm will sound.

Mines been installed and operating for a few months now and it hasn’t failed or locked up. It takes a bit to get used to the scrolling thru the menus, but once you set it up and get familiar with it, it’s smooth to operate it. Mounting the display has been the only issue so far. I liked it up high when my hardtop was on, but it was blinding when the sun would hit it with the top off.

View attachment 345263

View attachment 345264

Hope this help!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That is pretty damn slick too.

I did the Painless Wiring Trail Rocker back in '15 when that was about the only option. It works great, is heavy duty, and all "mechanical" with relays and no circuit boards. It is more limited in use and it takes up enough space under the hood that I can't run a dual battery setup. Starting from scratch, I'd go switch pros. Heck, I'm even thinking about swapping over to a switch pros someday, but it's hard to put money and effort into replacing something that works just fine.

That is pretty damn slick too.

It really is and I’m really optimistic that it was the right fit for me. But it’s expensive and involved to install. By the end of summer once I’ve had a chance to fully use it on the trail a number of times, I’ll post up a full review if it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It really is and I’m really optimistic that it was the right fit for me. But it’s expensive and involved to install. By the end of summer once I’ve had a chance to fully use it on the trail a number of times, I’ll post up a full review if it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looking forward to that review, this system looks sweet and you don’t hear much about it. In fact you are the only one I have seen run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Honestly the base arb unit isn't too far off the switchpro. And the accessories, while expensive, seem to offer a great quality of life improvement. I hadn't seen that when looking.

Granted the extreme ease of install is nice about the switchpro.

Honestly the base arb unit isn't too far off the switchpro. And the accessories, while expensive, seem to offer a great quality of life improvement. I hadn't seen that when looking.

Granted the extreme ease of install is nice about the switchpro.

But once you buy the compressor, TMPS, and frig add ons it stars to add up. But in the end it is a real clean setup.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

View attachment 345263

View attachment 345264

Hope this help!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thank you for the insight. I was wondering how it mounted. I plan on doing some more research. But I am leaning towards the ARB Linx. I like all the options and features it offers.

Thank you for the insight. I was wondering how it mounted. I plan on doing some more research. But I am leaning towards the ARB Linx. I like all the options and features it offers.

I wish I had more time with it to give you a full breakdown on it. But this whole lock downs slowing that down.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Finally got my twin arb installed. Ended up after doing a ton of research and talking to off-road evolution. I went with the Spod Bantam x with touch screen. So far it was a super easy install and extremely easy to wire up the arb and lights. I ended up using the vector dash bar and 67 designs mounts for my spod touchscreen and phone mounts. As far as install and finish. Extremely happy... I will now have to see how it holds up. IMG_1194.jpgIMG_1195.jpgIMG_1196.jpg

Top Bottom