SORRY for the SLOW Forum

Alright, made a lot of changes yesterday, put as much of a block on china as we could and banned a ton of IP and all of that helped a lot. Don't know how long it'll hold up but for now, things should be much better than they were before :)
Thanks, it’s definitely working great!

I should note that what we're starting to find is that a lot of what we were seeing may not have even been so nefarious. A lot of the bots coming by were AI based and most likely data harvesting - namely our photos and they were doing it in massive chunks at a time. What really helped just to see what was going on was to turn off our personal photo gallery. When we did that, the effect was almost immediate.

The only that is odd is that sometimes one of the adds will cause the page to reload, which if I happen to be typing out a message, will erase it and force me to retype.
Yeah, that one is a bit annoying and it's a part of infolinks. Obviously, on a computer, you don't get that problem but on a phone, it can be annoying. Sorry about that one. I will see if there's something that can be done about it.

Yeah, that one is a bit annoying and it's a part of infolinks. Obviously, on a computer, you don't get that problem but on a phone, it can be annoying. Sorry about that one. I will see if there's something that can be done about it.
I wouldn’t worry about it. Once that particular ad cycles out I assume the problem will clear itself. It probably has a meta refresh in the code or something.

I should note that what we're starting to find is that a lot of what we were seeing may not have even been so nefarious. A lot of the bots coming by were AI based and most likely data harvesting - namely our photos and they were doing it in massive chunks at a time. What really helped just to see what was going on was to turn off our personal photo gallery. When we did that, the effect was almost immediate.
This sounds like a copyright infringement to me. Perhaps a money making opportunity!

Top Bottom