Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

Thanks but what would you consider a large smoke? With a Weber wouldn’t I have to light the charcoal and mess with that? Honestly if I’m gonna do that I’d use my wodfired pizza oven. I like the set and forget of the pellet smoker. Been looking at reqtec and Treager but just need to decide.
Those pics you posted do look amazing though.
Yeah if you are the set it and forget def don’t go with an offset or Weber. Granted I did do a smoke the other day and used the snake method with charcoal and didn’t touch it for 6 hours. But for pellets I know yoder and reqtec seem to be the most taught after for sure!

Yeah if you are the set it and forget def don’t go with an offset or Weber. Granted I did do a smoke the other day and used the snake method with charcoal and didn’t touch it for 6 hours. But for pellets I know yoder and reqtec seem to be the most taught after for sure!
Yeah I just know me. I tend to get sidetracked pretty easily. I know it would be a superior smoke with indirect or offset and might eventually experiment around with that but for now I’ll stick with pellets I think

Ok the Yoder is almost double the cost of the Rec tec is it worth double? I’d much rather pay once and be done but that’s a pretty big difference.
I don’t own a Rec Tec.

Yes it’s worth double. The Yoder is superior in about every way. Metal thickness, fire programming, grill over fire, smoke, great accessories. And best of all made in USA 🇺🇸

Yeah looking at shipping weights, the Yoder is a lot heavier. I’d rather buy once and be done.
Thanks.
Going on 5 years with a YS640. It’s just so freaking convenient. It gets used at least twice a week all year. One of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I’d love a big offset but I’d probably let it collect dust and cobwebs like all my other cookers since I bought the Yoder.

Sounds good thanks. Looks like I’m getting the Yoder. I’ve got this elcheapo one we’ve had for a few years I’m tired of dicking around with it. Picked this one up at Cabelas on a whim. Worked pretty good for a while but it’s all corroded out inside And it keeps either going out or the temp will go up randomly.

Top Bottom