Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

I was between the 700 and 590, one of the main reasons I went with the 700 is the larger capacity rear mounted hopper, as I'll be building it into an outdoor kitchen, but really idk if it's totally worth 400 more but for my application it will be. Probably won't be disappointed either way.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure when they last updated the 590, but the 30lb hopper is more than most/all competitors at that size. Everything else is the same as the 700. Don’t get me wrong...that 700 is sweet. If I had a shitty BBQ, id probably do the 700 no questions.

Wife was ready to order tonight. Waiting another week or two to see if Rec tec has another 20% accessories sale.

Did you get their pellets are anything else for your 700? Just researching pellets is an exercise. Burn times...flavors....etc.

Not sure when they last updated the 590, but the 30lb hopper is more than most/all competitors at that size. Everything else is the same as the 700. Don’t get me wrong...that 700 is sweet. If I had a shitty BBQ, id probably do the 700 no questions.

Wife was ready to order tonight. Waiting another week or two to see if Rec tec has another 20% accessories sale.

Did you get their pellets are anything else for your 700? Just researching pellets is an exercise. Burn times...flavors....etc.

Yea, The 30lbs is more than enough for sure. I bought their pellets just to get started, it's a pretty generic blend that is good. I think I'll get more into different flavors as I move along. The grill mats are pretty nice, I'm going to get sear grates too

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've had grilled lamb's tongue with great dijon mustard on a baguette in Burgundy...in Dijon, France. It was amazing...

Sounds good
I usually like it boiled to the point where it is as tender as it gets with Dijon of course

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
Top Bottom