Rubicon trail summer of 2022

Katmai Peninsula...first week at Big Ku lodge, 2nd week at Royal Wolf lodge...SW of Anchorage...if you're in Anchorage on the 23rd I'll buy you a beer...
Dang we get into anchorage on the 25th and headed out the 6th so close.... Again haha

Looking at the map of the trail I like Brutes plan a lot for the camping plan. I am going to be coming from my dad's house in the sacrimento area for the first day. Anyone know of there is a good place to park and truck and trailer by loon lake for the 4 days? Or should I plan on just leaving it at my dad's and drive the 2ish hours to the trail head?

Looking at the map of the trail I like Brutes plan a lot for the camping plan. I am going to be coming from my dad's house in the sacrimento area for the first day. Anyone know of there is a good place to park and truck and trailer by loon lake for the 4 days? Or should I plan on just leaving it at my dad's and drive the 2ish hours to the trail head?
Better just to drive there.

is it advised to make a reservation at rubicon springs? doesn't look like reservations are open for next year yet but anyone know when the reservation window opens?

Never done the Rubicon, I couldn't imagine a better group. I'm in. Have you done any unofficial roll call to see how many are interested? Being a rabid introvert, I typically drive alone but having the Wayalife community with me for a real trail would be a huge confidence booster. Although, you may find me reading a book at night rather than hanging out by a fire talking trasho_O

I'd like to get back up there and run it again in the new jeep. I can be a solid maybe based on work/kid sporting events.

Depending on the date I would also be up for this. Keep us posted, if I can make it I will. The Rubicon would be the first priority, however any additIonal trails would be cool too.

Top Bottom