Rubicon Trail June 27 & 28, 2014

No hotels mentioned as yet... We leave Kennewick, WA Early the 26th and drive 700 +/- miles to Icehouse/Uncle Tom's Cabin (bar) and they were talking about camping just up the road from there, although we (Mandi & I) are planning to sleep in our Motorhome at the Icehouse parking area... I'm asking the nuts that went last year to get a firm answer. Will pass on as soon as I know.

Here is what I have as the most recent update from my club...
Plan is to meet at Uncle Tom's cabin on Thursday evening for a beer.

Camp at Airport Flats Campground Thursday. . .Trail Friday and Saturday.

Stay at a hotel in South Lake Tahoe/Stateline on Saturday night. Get up early on Sunday and cruise home.

I will pick out the hotel and post it up this weekend. Quite a few options.

there is one extra step for those that are towing. They should plan on dropping their trailers off at the Icehouse Resort on Thursday evening prior to Uncle Tom and/or Airport Flats. Icehouse charges $7/night to watch the trailer and tow rig.

UC Rubi,

I'm uncertain how to answer thus far. Your profile is lacking any and all information about you and your rig which would help us understand you & your rigs capabilities. Please tell us about both so we can assess.

Not meaning to offend, but if you've read any of the other run ups to this trail, there are some vehicle requirements, as well as driver abilities (experience) necessary to complete this particular trail. The idea is that while we want to share our experiences with others, we also have a tight schedule, so spending a lot of time on any given obstacle educating can draw on peoples good moods. Just trying to avoid any drama,understand?

So please Pics of your rig, specs as well and tell us your experience in Jeeping...:big_boss:

Yeah I understand, I'm not always on this forum so i dont have everything filled out. Keeping a tight schedule is always tough.

i have a 2013 JKU Rubicon.
4" evo Long arm lift
37" nitto Trail grapplers
4.88 gears
Evo rock sliders
Evo Protek Skids
RR snorkel
Coast front drive shaft
Warn front bumper
Warn Powerplant HD
Orfab jerry can/tire carrier (full size spare)
CB radio set up
Still running stock lockers

I have been wheeling the jeep for the past 2 years (about 1 year stock 1 year modified). I have run many of the trails in big bear multiple times like john bull, dishpan, gold mountain, pilot rock, Holcomb and I have been all over Calico through 3 or 4 trips out there.

I understand you guys are traveling from a long distance and want a smooth trip so if you believe that i'd be a hindrance in any way no hard feelings! I want you guys to have a good, safe run as much as I would like to join you guys so it's all good either way!

unnamed.jpg

Yeah I understand, I'm not always on this forum so i dont have everything filled out. Keeping a tight schedule is always tough.

i have a 2013 JKU Rubicon.
4" evo Long arm lift
37" nitto Trail grapplers
4.88 gears
Evo rock sliders
Evo Protek Skids
RR snorkel
Coast front drive shaft
Warn front bumper
Warn Powerplant HD
Orfab jerry can/tire carrier (full size spare)
CB radio set up
Still running stock lockers

I have been wheeling the jeep for the past 2 years (about 1 year stock 1 year modified). I have run many of the trails in big bear multiple times like john bull, dishpan, gold mountain, pilot rock, Holcomb and I have been all over Calico through 3 or 4 trips out there.

I understand you guys are traveling from a long distance and want a smooth trip so if you believe that i'd be a hindrance in any way no hard feelings! I want you guys to have a good, safe run as much as I would like to join you guys so it's all good either way!

View attachment 85465

Nice Lookin outfit, I don't see any problems with you taggin' along...

Awesome, thanks! I'd Probably be meeting you guys friday morning and leaving Saturday night if that's ok with you guys?

Just be at Airport Flats CG by 8:30AM at the latest. Peak Putters CB Channel 12 generally, and my number is available somewhere within this blog...

Funny, I grew up in Lake Arrowhead, CA...

Its likely that I will be on the 'con that weekend with some friends. If I make it I will keep my eye out for a JK train. :)

I may be able to make this trip as well if ya have room. I should know for sure next week. I'm actually laying in my hammock outside of loon lake right now haha. I'll be running the trail this weekend. :yup:

I don't see why not, see ya there if you make it petey...

Lance & Mandi -
(USAF & USN Vets)
iPhone WAYALIFE mobile app

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 5.5" RK lift, 37s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Bilsteins, etc.

Again to be clear we're running the trail on 27 & 28th. We'll miss you if you're not there then...

Lance & Mandi -
(USAF & USN Vets)

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

Two AWESOME days we conquered the Rubicon, no breakage, a few scuffs and a single line pulled on Little Sluice. All in all we had 7 rigs start (2 JKs) and 7 finished with a few "adjustments" needed on the non JKers...

Best Trail Run to date!

Lance & Mandi -
(USAF & USN Vets)

Top Bottom