Raw 1/4 pounder paint

robx251

Caught the Bug
Hey guys I'm looking at putting in Evo Quarter Pounder on the front of my new Jeep I was wondering what everyone may have used to paint their raw steel Quarter Pounder

Just buy One that is already powder coated, it would probably be a pain in the ass to get good coverage on the inside parts.

If your set on painting it yourself use a self etching primer and Rustolium fine texture spray paint. It's a good match to other powder coats and it matches the fenders really well.

Just buy it already powdercoated. It's only about a $20 difference and it is difficult to do a good paint job on some of the spots on the bumper.

Just buy it already powdercoated. It's only about a $20 difference and it is difficult to do a good paint job on some of the spots on the bumper.

This is solid advise. A bigger object like the bumper is a pain in the ass to get a good paint job out of rattle-cans.

I bought mine before they offered powder coating for $20, I believe it was an extra $100 then. I painted mind with self etching primer and a few coats of VHC Roll Bar satin. It's held up fine for my taste.

When I painted my Full Metal Fabworks bumper and EVO sliders, I used Rustoleum self etching primer and Rustoleum satin black paint. It held up great and was very easy to touch up when needed. I used one of those clip on triggers on the spray can when I painted it. It made everything much easier to do.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467768318.450169.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467768367.960055.jpg

With that said, I agree 1000% that if you can order it already powder coated, that's the way to go. I'm not the best painter, and although the end product turned out great, I had paint spray everywhere and it was a very time consuming process to do it right. I'm having stuff powder coated next time!

Top Bottom