Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Garage door day

Out with the old, in with the new.

The only pisser is that California has a new rule about garage door openers. You can't get one in the state without a battery back up.

Of course, those cost much more. The worst part is that I heard today they won't work if the battery goes dead, even if the power is on.

One of my guys goes to Arizona every other weekend, so he is going to smuggle me in the one I want.

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_080903_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20200409_080903_copy_800x600.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20200409_125502_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20200409_125502_copy_800x600.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20200409_130152_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20200409_130152_copy_800x600.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 108
Came home today hoping to relax for one final night. Starting an outage tomorrow at work so it’ll be a 3 week work marathon.....only to find my water heater leaking. Lowe’s was the only ones still open by the time I found this so I rush down and grabbed a tank, came home and put the kids down for bed and went to work. This was actually the first water heater I’ve ever changed out. And I’ve said it just about every time I work on something here, but if I ever meet the guy who built this house, I’m gonna kick him right in the dick. Look at how the gas line is run. That was a real bitch getting the new tank up in there (alone) and squeezing it past the gas line. Knocked it open at one point and filled the garage with gas. Anyhow, it’s replaced and working great now. Checked the date on the old one and it was built in ‘96. Guess I got my money out of it. Wish I would have taken pics of the way they ran the copper from the relief. It’s always bugged me and I guess I should have just fixed it. I found out the connections were just put together with Teflon pipe dope and not even soldered.

IMG_7330.jpgIMG_7331.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Came home today hoping to relax for one final night. Starting an outage tomorrow at work so it’ll be a 3 week work marathon.....only to find my water heater leaking. Lowe’s was the only ones still open by the time I found this so I rush down and grabbed a tank, came home and put the kids down for bed and went to work. This was actually the first water heater I’ve ever changed out. And I’ve said it just about every time I work on something here, but if I ever meet the guy who built this house, I’m gonna kick him right in the dick. Look at how the gas line is run. That was a real bitch getting the new tank up in there (alone) and squeezing it past the gas line. Knocked it open at one point and filled the garage with gas. Anyhow, it’s replaced and working great now. Checked the date on the old one and it was built in ‘96. Guess I got my money out of it. Wish I would have taken pics of the way they ran the copper from the relief. It’s always bugged me and I guess I should have just fixed it. I found out the connections were just put together with Teflon pipe dope and not even soldered.

View attachment 345095View attachment 345096

What a PITA.

Look on the bright side, it could have failed right after you started on the shutdown.

Actually, that may have been easier, in a way, to have someone else do it, but then it still wouldn't be right, considering what they would have had to work with.

Hope you get some rest before your three weeks start.

Garage door day

Out with the old, in with the new.

The only pisser is that California has a new rule about garage door openers. You can't get one in the state without a battery back up.

Of course, those cost much more. The worst part is that I heard today they won't work if the battery goes dead, even if the power is on.

One of my guys goes to Arizona every other weekend, so he is going to smuggle me in the one I want.

Nice looking door.

The timing of the leak blows, but like you said, that's amazing it lasted that long.

It’s crazy I had mine leak as well plus two others I know. Weird it happens now compared to any other time! I used it as a lesson for my daughter. She now knows what Murphy’s law means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex called telling me the dash light in the Toyota were all lit up.

signs of life, at 1st i thought it was a squirrel but opened the hood and saw a rat, i wasn't prepared for it and it slipped off into the transmission tunnel area.

power washed it hoping to flush it out but no success.

Found it was nesting in the air cleaner but still took about a week to flush it out after laying rat poison sticks around the engine bay.

Now have to locate and repair chewed wires to get it running without all the dash lights.

Rat signs.jpg
ChewedWires.jpg
Rat.jpg

Ex called telling me the dash light in the Toyota were all lit up.

signs of life, at 1st i thought it was a squirrel but opened the hood and saw a rat, i wasn't prepared for it and it slipped off into the transmission tunnel area.

power washed it hoping to flush it out but no success.

Found it was nesting in the air cleaner but still took about a week to flush it out after laying rat poison sticks around the engine bay.

Now have to locate and repair chewed wires to get it running without all the dash lights.

Nice! :thumb:

Nice! :thumb:

It was a persistent little bastard. Initial overview looks like it didn't chewed thru too many wires but it did chew away a lot of the AC hose insulation and wire rubber/plastic heat coverings.

Saw the neighbors cat covered in grease and realized it was trying to get to that rat :thumb:

Hoping it's as easy as it appears to get it fixed up, don't really want to take it the dealer for who knows how long.

If it's more than i can deal with, will make the insurance claim.

Glad you didn’t blow up the garage...

On and off for the last week, I've been doing the mud work. I'm not really following a certain series of steps and I'm not putting any timeline goals on getting it done. I just do a little each day until I get pissed off and frustrated, then that means my work day is over. Overall, I'm happy with how it's going so far; but just slooooowwwww.

mud (3).jpg

mud (2).jpg

mud (1).jpg

On and off for the last week, I've been doing the mud work. I'm not really following a certain series of steps and I'm not putting any timeline goals on getting it done. I just do a little each day until I get pissed off and frustrated, then that means my work day is over. Overall, I'm happy with how it's going so far; but just slooooowwwww.

View attachment 345165

View attachment 345166

View attachment 345167

That is a huge project, your almost to the fun stage, Trim [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looks good, I hate mudding, small projects yes but big mud jobs I guess i just don’t have the patience or skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a huge project, your almost to the fun stage, Trim [emoji106]

Indeed. I do enjoy trim. We're going to texture and paint first. And we might even swap out a couple of windows first .

Looks good, I hate mudding, small projects yes but big mud jobs I guess i just don’t have the patience or skill.

Mudding large areas sucks. I don't have patience nor skill either; I'm just going along slowly. I will say though that the last time I did any projects like this was long before YouTube, and I'm thankful that there's some contractors on YouTube that film their tips/tricks because I've learned a ton of helpful methods to see how others do it.

Yeah fuck that, I can’t stand drywall work.

Giving the old tractor a tune up, crazy it still ran

IMG_6981.jpg

Matching grills [emoji38]

IMG_6983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That is pretty cool. Not that haven’t been working on a number of other projects, but have you done anything with the FC?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Other than start it? Well I haven’t done that since the fall. [emoji849]

I don’t have any plans to change anything else on it other than normal maintenance. It’s a storage shelf at the moment.

With winter finally looking like it’s going away, I decided to turn on the sprinklers and check for any leaks. As luck would have it, I found 2 broken risers which were easy enough to fix but also found one major T-junction that a massive tree root took out.

FFB53575-9910-45FE-903A-96BD83ACF0A5.jpg

BF785AFD-3BE0-4A7C-855B-1B47AB8080F6.jpg

In addition to everything being 2’ down in the ground, working through a ton of other tree roots made an otherwise easy job into a son of a bitch! But, at least the ground wasn’t frozen anymore.

Top Bottom