Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

I love the ‘Green Monster’ that surrounds our back yard but it’s a never ending battle against the foliage trying to push in and take over. During the summer it’s a continuous process of mowing and trimming. Once the fall hits those millions of leaves start dropping in the yard and then it’s mow and burn.

As crazy as it sounds I actually enjoy it.

View attachment 413070

View attachment 413071

View attachment 413072

View attachment 413073
Looks great. I see so many customers and people around here install fake grass... I absolutely hate it. There is nothing like fresh cut grass. (Not that I have a lot like you) but Its worth the the maintenance to me.

I love the ‘Green Monster’ that surrounds our back yard but it’s a never ending battle against the foliage trying to push in and take over. During the summer it’s a continuous process of mowing and trimming. Once the fall hits those millions of leaves start dropping in the yard and then it’s mow and burn.

View attachment 413070

View attachment 413071

View attachment 413072

View attachment 413073
Beautiful looking yard! I guess with all the upkeep it gives you an excuse to have a drink break. lol 🥃

View attachment 413070

View attachment 413071

View attachment 413072

View attachment 413073
What a PTA! You need to evacuate to Nevada immediately! What are you waiting for? 😃

View attachment 413070

View attachment 413071

View attachment 413072

View attachment 413073
Looks great. Keeping up with the encroachment is a job. I bought one of these Stihl commercial extendable pruners last year to knock back the lower limbs - this made it fun actually

tlc.stihl-pole-pruner-ht-105.jpg

Bob it’s the first day of your retirement. What are your plans? Besides hanging out on WAL I mean.
Well, 7 years ago we headed out to look at properties in New Mexico and Arizona. While I already had my eye on a property in Pine, Arizona, we spent some time in Pine and Payson, and then 5 days in Prescott. I was really intent on visiting that property in Pine, and a realtor was able to show it to me.

Prescott was overrun with California buyers, with houses selling in three days to buyers with cash in hand so you needed to physically be there in order to complete. Prices for the nice places were high, and lower priced places were crap.

My realtor was really good and she showed us some amazing places in Pine and Payson, but they all lacked the essence of the place I had found via Zillow.

So we bought that place in Pine 7 years ago and have been restoring it and making it into a really nice home.

At the moment we are dealing with some curve-ball medical issues, and death in the family issues, but when we get beyond that, we will sell our Dallas home and move to Arizona.

PXL_20240426_001428061.jpgPXL_20240426_001306197.jpgPXL_20240426_005832586.jpg

Well, 7 years ago we headed out to look at properties in New Mexico and Arizona. While I already had my eye on a property in Pine, Arizona, we spent some time in Pine and Payson, and then 5 days in Prescott. I was really intent on visiting that property in Pine, and a realtor was able to show it to me.

Prescott was overrun with California buyers, with houses selling in three days to buyers with cash in hand so you needed to physically be there in order to complete. Prices for the nice places were high, and lower priced places were crap.

My realtor was really good and she showed us some amazing places in Pine and Payson, but they all lacked the essence of the place I had found via Zillow.

So we bought that place in Pine 7 years ago and have been restoring it and making it into a really nice home.

At the moment we are dealing with some curve-ball medical issues, and death in the family issues, but when we get beyond that, we will sell our Dallas home and move to Arizona.

View attachment 413087View attachment 413088View attachment 413089
Looks like a great place, and a good place to retire. Hopefully the medical issues can be dealt with without to many issues, and of course dealing with a death in the family is always hard even if it’s not a big surprise. It still sucks. I recently buried my mother after a prolonged battle with cancer. It certainly wasn’t a surprise but it sure sucks. Best wishes to you in your retirement.

Looks like a great place, and a good place to retire. Hopefully the medical issues can be dealt with without to many issues, and of course dealing with a death in the family is always hard even if it’s not a big surprise. It still sucks. I recently buried my mother after a prolonged battle with cancer. It certainly wasn’t a surprise but it sure sucks. Best wishes to you in your retirement.
This death in the family was a surprise. My nephew-in-law suddenly died of a stroke at 51 last November. My wife decided to take responsibility as Executor of his estate since there was no one else to do it.

Looks like a really nice place

Great looking retirement property. Sorry for your loss and hope the medical issues come to a full recovery.

This death in the family was a surprise. My nephew-in-law suddenly died of a stroke at 51 last November. My wife decided to take responsibility as Executor of his estate since there was no one else to do it.
Sorry to hear about your nephew in law.

That looks like a great place to retire! Congrats on your plans!

Top Bottom