Random Internet Shit you've come across

so it's prohibited but not illegal to bring a grenade onto a plane. Nice to know

Prohibited to bring an inert grenade on board. If it were a grenade with its explosive charge in place, that would carry several felonies and incur the wrath of the Alphabet Feds.

I don’t think smoke grenades are illegal. They use them in Airsoft. Another thing to consider is the article is misleading, incomplete and lacks facts. The author even neglected to point out the difference between inert and live grenades.

It's the Pittsburgh paper so I'm used to the horrible writing, but the fact that having a smoke grenade ON A PLANE isn't illegal is fairly retarded.

It's the Pittsburgh paper so I'm used to the horrible writing, but the fact that having a smoke grenade ON A PLANE isn't illegal is fairly retarded.
I realized I was unclear. As far as I know, smoke grenades are legal to possess. So are inert grenades. They are prohibited aboard commercial flights. As the grenades were found before finding their way aboard the airplane, that prohibition wasn't violated. It's likely the folks that had them in their possession cooperated and had a good story to prevent them from being arrested.

The prohibitions are written into federal regulations that have the force of law. Bring a smoke grenade or other prohibited item aboard a commercial flight violates the regulations and is thus illegal and will bring down a lot hate from several three letter agencies.

Top Bottom