Random Internet Shit you've come across

This is unfortunately very true. A hard working early 20 something can easily make $100K+ plus and full benefits in my company, but finding them is a challenge for sure.
Some people just do not find the physical labor of construction as appealing. I tried to get away from it as much as possible lol but without the knowledge of it, I wouldn’t be where I am today.

My comment was not to directly say that the 20 something’s have no skills at all, it seems they are just not taking up a profession in construction in some way.
This is unfortunately very true. A hard working early 20 something can easily make $100K+ plus and full benefits in my company, but finding them is a challenge for sure.
That’s because everything they do is gearing them toward going to college. The narrative is college or you will fail.

Some people just do not find the physical labor of construction as appealing. I tried to get away from it as much as possible lol but without the knowledge of it, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
That’s because everything they do is gearing them toward going to college. The narrative is college or you will fail.
Truth. Things have changed for sure. I was working part time construction in college at 22/23 then at 24 went full time and never looked back. I actually had a hunger for it. We used to get young guys walking on Jobs looking for work all the time.. but that has ceased to exist. It’s not like it was 25 years ago… or even 10 years ago. This new generation doesn't want any part of it.

As someone who has kids in that general age range, I think it’s an unfair generalization about the entire generation. I also think every older generation looks a couple of generations down and thinks everything is fucked up; it’s always been like that and I don’t expect it to change anytime soon.

edit: …and if you really think about it…it is the 50-80 something’s that are fucking this country up…not the 20 something’s.
No not the entire generation, but I've sure seen it as most in the automotive industry in the last ten years. And it may not be entirely their fault if they weren't taught. But I really do see a tough road ahead for our country soon because of it.

Each generation in America claims the following generation is not as hard working, conscientious, or moral as their generation is, or as previous generations of Americans were.

So here were are in a Nation that by most accounts is headed to Hell in a hand basket and plagued by very serious issues- so maybe the observation is correct and we are in a slide towards the bottom? Every society that’s ever existed has had a start and an end. How do we suppose that cycle actually happens. 🤔

1692536427004.jpeg

Each generation in America claims the following generation is not as hard working, conscientious, or moral as their generation is, or as previous generations of Americans were.

So here were are in a Nation that by most accounts is headed to Hell in a hand basket and plagued by very serious issues- so maybe the observation is correct and we are in a slide towards the bottom? Every society that’s ever existed has had a start and an end. How do we suppose that cycle actually happens. 🤔

View attachment 394517
Societies end with gender issues. And here we are.

Says the guy that posts 40 memes a day.
😆😂🤣 Ah it’s a little closer to five or six, maybe a little more on a good day, but yeah, I do those on my breaks between working my fingers to the bone.👍
I may go down, but I’m going down swinging. Even with only one usable arm I will outwork 90% of todays 35 and under crowd.
And my 2nd General Order still applies today. Gotta keep your head on a swivel, especially when you’re deaf.😉
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

Alright, back to work for me.😁

😆😂🤣 Ah it’s a little closer to five or six, maybe a little more on a good day, but yeah, I do those on my breaks between working my fingers to the bone.👍
I may go down, but I’m going down swinging. Even with only one usable arm I will outwork 90% of todays 35 and under crowd.
And my 2nd General Order still applies today. Gotta keep your head on a swivel, especially when you’re deaf.😉
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

Alright, back to work for me.😁
IMG_3703.jpeg

Top Bottom