Random Internet Shit you've come across

While the Chinese do steal huge amounts of intellectual property the main point of the article is that they are attempting greatly improve their ability to conduct research, develop, and produce technology on their own. Their plan is a reflection of what other countries have done to make paradigm breaking technology advances, namely build a campus where the greatest minds are brought together for collaboration in order to develop new technologies.

Germany did this in the run up to WW2 and we all know the incredible level of technology that was produced. Basically they revolutionized modern warfare with the V1 and V2 rocket, submarine technology, the jet engine, the flying wing, thermobaric weapons and many others. America did this for its nuclear weapon and space programs. A bit of this is showcased in the movie Oppenheimer.

I’m not saying they will be successful, however while China is working to produce a new generation of individuals possessing a robust knowledge of science, engineering and technology, American college kids are learning about trans, ‘woman studies’, Critical Race Theory, Liberation Theology, and 57 genders.

A few excerpts from the article:

‘‘Huawei’s sprawling headquarters is the Oxhorn Campus, a newly-built city filled with reproductions of classic European architecture, housing 25,000 research and development personnel.”

‘‘China graduates more engineers than the rest of the world combined, but it also trains more classical musicians than the rest of the world combined. That is a killer combination. Not by coincidence, classical music has been the avocation of great scientists and mathematicians for the past three hundred years.”

In closing:
‘‘The America of John F. Kennedy could outpace China in science and technology. But that also was a country that devoted more than 10% of the federal budget to R&D, compared to just 3% today, and a White House that featured performances by Pablo Casals rather than rappers. If we abandon the spiritual sources of our creativity, we will have no one but ourselves to blame if China dominates the world economy.”

Scary shit if you project this trend out a few years.
Give me one good reason why my master in trans and women’s studies won’t help in a world war. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Seriously, I look at the 20ish year old generation with no skills of fixing things, building things, etc. No knowledge. It's so sad. War or no war, just no practical skills to benefiting society. We've got a crazy road ahead of us.
As someone who has kids in that general age range, I think it’s an unfair generalization about the entire generation. I also think every older generation looks a couple of generations down and thinks everything is fucked up; it’s always been like that and I don’t expect it to change anytime soon.

edit: …and if you really think about it…it is the 50-80 something’s that are fucking this country up…not the 20 something’s.

Last edited:
We are expecting a lack of laborers, carpenters and tradesman here in the next couple of years… there are not enough apprentices coming up.
There is truth to that and we have been dealing with it at my company for a few years. The skilled trade labor shortage is real. But, that doesn’t mean the 20-something’s have no skills.

As someone who has kids in that general age range, I think it’s an unfair generalization about the entire generation. I also think every older generation looks a couple of generations down and thinks everything is fucked up; it’s always been like that and I don’t expect it to change anytime soon.

edit: …and if you really think about it…it is the 50-80 something’s that are fucking this country up…not the 20 something’s.
Might be so but the 20 somethings have their heads buried while they’re finger fucking their phones and have not a damn clue what’s happening outside of their 6 foot personal space.

Might be so but the 20 somethings have their heads buried while they’re finger fucking their phones and have not a damn clue what’s happening outside of their 6 foot personal space.
Some do, no doubt about it. But it’s not the 20 something’s who are cutting parts off of little kids, putting on drag shows for little kids, trafficking little kids, making crazy laws in Congress, shutting down the economy and schools because they are scared of their own mortality, voting to send billions of dollars to Ukraine, etc., etc., etc. My kids are already much better human beings than 90% of the people in this world. Most 20 year olds are just trying to figure out how to navigate the absolutely fucked up world that we have created for them.

There is truth to that and we have been dealing with it at my company for a few years. The skilled trade labor shortage is real. But, that doesn’t mean the 20-something’s have no skills.
My comment was not to directly say that the 20 something’s have no skills at all, it seems they are just not taking up a profession in construction in some way.

Top Bottom