Paint bubbling

Went to the dealership today, got the "extended warranty expired in December," answer; asked why I wasn't notified of the extended warranty (long out-to-lunch stare), literally shook her head as if to come out of a dream and gave me the number to "Jeep doesn't give a fuck."

Got home, called someone in India whose accent was so strong, the only thing I understood was "Jeep doesn't give a fuck."

Guess I could sand the portion of the hood that's bad, paint with a proper primer and cover it with something like this:
1719430009079.png

Do the same with the hinges, plenty of hinge cover options ...

Went to the dealership today, got the "extended warranty expired in December," answer; asked why I wasn't notified of the extended warranty (long out-to-lunch stare), literally shook her head as if to come out of a dream and gave me the number to "Jeep doesn't give a fuck."

Got home, called someone in India whose accent was so strong, the only thing I understood was "Jeep doesn't give a fuck."

Guess I could sand the portion of the hood that's bad, paint with a proper primer and cover it with something like this:
View attachment 409213

Sorry man, that sucks. 😡

View attachment 409213

Yeah, that's the crappy answer I was expecting. Not a bad idea with the hood deflector.

I didn't expect them to offer anything; wanted it on the record but she didn't enter anything under my customer profile (bought new at this dealership)

She also claimed she'd heard about this, and was the 1st one they've had at the dealership... yeah right
I've heard of dealerships turning this paint problem away entirely because the techs aren't even paid on it - even out of warranty. (n)

I didn't expect them to offer anything; wanted it on the record but she didn't enter anything under my customer profile (bought new at this dealership)

She also claimed she'd heard about this, and was the 1st one they've had at the dealership... yeah right
This seems very much like the visor issue, where it appears to be inevitable that eventually the mounting will fail, and they will fall down, blocking your view as you are driving on a windy mountain road, or in heavy traffic. But Jeep does not care!

This seems very much like the visor issue, where it appears to be inevitable that eventually the mounting will fail, and they will fall down, blocking your view as you are driving on a windy mountain road, or in heavy traffic. But Jeep does not care!
they fell down on the 2020 new to me JT I recently bought, called the dealer, they were willing to repair them with the same design lol

I opted to get the aftermarket clips no more issue (y)

Top Bottom