Paint bubbling

jeeeep

Hooked
Washed the Jeep today and while drying it off I saw several spots where the paint is bubbling because of the underlying corrosion...

Attachments

• 20240620_175144.jpg
    20240620_175144.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240620_175158.jpg
    20240620_175158.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240620_175301.jpg
    20240620_175301.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240620_175307.jpg
    20240620_175307.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 10
out of warranty too?
Not sure about that one - it was a recall but also was fixed under warranty in some cases. I’d call and ask. The ones I’ve seen come through my dealer were still under warranty. Don’t know anything else as I’m not in the service department lol, just know it’s a super common issue with early JLs.

Not sure about that one - it was a recall but also was fixed under warranty in some cases. I’d call and ask. The ones I’ve seen come through my dealer were still under warranty. Don’t know anything else as I’m not in the service department lol, just know it’s a super common issue with early JLs.
Hmm, I haven’t received any notifications for this recall for my ‘21.

out of warranty too?
Hmm, I haven’t received any notifications for this recall for my ‘21.
It was more like a “silent” recall. The extended the corrosion warranty on vehicle during that time. I know my 2020 got pushed out to a 8yr (not sure on mileage) warranty. I would swing by your local dealer and have them inspect the corrosion and start a paper trail now. I’m sure they will get it resolved for you.

I had my JL done last Fall on the recall. Replaced all 4 doors, hood, tailgate & repainted the rest to match. This had to have cost them an insane amount to do this.

Lol, how can an engineer forget about galvanic corrosion?
I need to stop being lazy and get mine to the dealer. How long did they have it for to paint?

Just spoke to one of my veteran advisors - who said the B2B warranty was extended to 5 years for this problem on 2018 to 2021 JLs, rendering yours just out of it unfortunately. @cozdude is correct about the silent recall, and I would still reach out to yours to see if it may still be covered.

Just spoke to one of my veteran advisors - who said the B2B warranty was extended to 5 years for this problem on 2018 to 2021 JLs, rendering yours just out of it unfortunately. @cozdude is correct about the silent recall, and I would still reach out to yours to see if it may still be covered.
As I recall Jeeep mentioned this issue in the forum a year or two ago so it must be a preexisting condition covered by warranty. He may just have amnesia. Isn't that what you all recall?

As I recall Jeeep mentioned this issue in the forum a year or two ago so it must be a preexisting condition covered by warranty. He may just have amnesia. Isn't that what you all recall?
hmm, may have, don't recall it.
photos I have end of 2023 don't show any signs of the bubbling on the hood

Last edited:
Top Bottom