Options for 2" wrenches for evo control arms?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I installed with a pipe wrench, but that's not ideal. Even my 15" adjustable wrenches don't open to 2". Curious that the jam nuts on the johnny joints on the EVO carrier use a smaller 1 13/16" which my wrench opens up to. The lower front arms are 2". I scoured amazon, but I can't find anything that will go 2" without buying a huge $70 combo wrench.

Harbor Freight sells an 18" adjustable for like $20 that will get the job done. Honestly I have been using one as well as their 24" in the field for 10 years without a problem. There are very few of their tools that I would recommend, but these are worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Harbor Freight sells an 18" adjustable for like $20 that will get the job done. Honestly I have been using one as well as their 24" in the field for 10 years without a problem. There are very few of their tools that I would recommend, but these are worth it.

2nd this ^^. I know its a cheap ass wrench but I only use it on my CA's and loosening up the frozen nuts on my tie rod. Cheap solution.

When I did my steering links (also with bigs ass jam nuts), I though my crescent would be big enough. I was wrong lol... Jeep on jack stands, no links, didn’t want to put all the shit back to stock just to drive to a store, wife wasn’t home either so I didn’t have a ride to go anywhere. Luckily I have NAPA only couple blocks away. I dropped about $75-80 on an another adjustable crescent wrench. I have to admit though, it’s a very nice wrench and I like it a lot.

As others have mentioned, you can find a big crescent wrench at Harbor Freight or you can always use a pipe wrench. :yup:

IMG_2633.jpg

I have a long one that I keep in the tool box at home but carry this in the tool bag in the jeep. I also have a copper cheater bar that one end I’ve pounded down that fits this perfectly. Found it on Amazon. Grainger has them too

I have a small "husky" pipe wrench from HD that works perfect for this while also fitting in my tool bag.

Hi. I bought an 18" and a 24" adjustable wrench on Amazon. They both open more then 2 inches. Happy hunting.

Top Bottom