Old SwitchPros SP8100 Stopped Working

dchew

I have a 2013 JKUR, with a SwitchPros SP8100 that was installed in 2015. I just showed up in Moab yesterday, and the SwitchPros stopped working. No lights, none of the buttons work. So that means no ARB compressor no lockers and no fun. I tried disconnecting the main power cable, then pulled the 16 pin connector and reconnected it all; no help.

It's like there is a fuse blown, but the M7 Acc fuse looks fine. Everything else on the Jeep seems fine, and I used the compressor yesterday afternoon, so whatever happened was on the drive from Grand Junction to Moab.

I can call them Monday, but I was planning to hit some trails tomorrow. Not much fun without lockers. Any suggestions? Is there another fuse I should check?

Dave

I have a 2013 JKUR, with a SwitchPros SP8100 that was installed in 2015. I just showed up in Moab yesterday, and the SwitchPros stopped working. No lights, none of the buttons work. So that means no ARB compressor no lockers and no fun. I tried disconnecting the main power cable, then pulled the 16 pin connector and reconnected it all; no help.

It's like there is a fuse blown, but the M7 Acc fuse looks fine. Everything else on the Jeep seems fine, and I used the compressor yesterday afternoon, so whatever happened was on the drive from Grand Junction to Moab.

I can call them Monday, but I was planning to hit some trails tomorrow. Not much fun without lockers. Any suggestions? Is there another fuse I should check?

Dave
I'd replace the fuse even if it looks good, cheap test.

I can’t really see anything other than a loose wire or a blown fuse causing this. There is really nothing to the switch pros. I would try calling them today anyway, doesn’t hurt to call and if you can leave a message and tell them your situation they may get back to you. And/or email.

I can’t really see anything other than a loose wire or a blown fuse causing this. There is really nothing to the switch pros. I would try calling them today anyway, doesn’t hurt to call and if you can leave a message and tell them your situation they may get back to you. And/or email.
This ^^^ Loose wiring or ground is what I would check as well.

Thanks for all the help. I was stumped for exactly what @OverlanderJK said; It's really simple-stupid. The insulation on the light wire is a little cut up, but that is the only thing I found that was suspicious. This morning I disconnected/inspected/reconnected the connector for the four wires to the cab 8-switch panel, and left the battery disconnected for over an hour. One of those two things did it. Works fine now. 🤷‍♂️

When I get back, I will call them and at least get some sort of backup. We will do trails this morning I can bail on if it happens again.

Dave

So, full disclosure: That's my brother in law's Bronco. He wanted to go to the Moab Bronco Off Rodeo and asked if I wanted to join. I decided to meet him out here. I traveled from Ohio, he came from Oregon. I spent all day Friday in a Bronco along with a whole bunch of Bronco fanboys/fangirls. We did Dome Plateau and had a good time. I must say, lotta Jeep hate (or is that Jeep envy?).

There are a few things I like about the Bronco. It is a bit more user friendly, like the way the softop raises up so you don't have to unzip the rear.

Of course, he followed me the whole way today and I had to wait up. :cool:

Last edited:
So, full disclosure: That's my brother in law's Bronco. He wanted to go to the Moab Bronco Off Rodeo and asked if I wanted to join. I decided to meet him out here. I traveled from Ohio, he came from Oregon. I spent all day Friday in a Bronco with along with a whole bunch of Bronco fanboys/fangirls. We did Dome Plateau and had a good time. I must say, lotta Jeep hate (or is that Jeep envy?).

There are a few things I like about the Bronco. It is a bit more user friendly, like the way the softop raises up so you don't have to unzip the rear.

Lol see it’s all jokes, at least on the Jeep side… I go wheeling with all types of rigs and am known for being super sarcastic with vehicle banter.

That’s awesome though, glad he shares the same passion of exploring regardless 👍

So, full disclosure: That's my brother in law's Bronco. He wanted to go to the Moab Bronco Off Rodeo and asked if I wanted to join. I decided to meet him out here. I traveled from Ohio, he came from Oregon. I spent all day Friday in a Bronco along with a whole bunch of Bronco fanboys/fangirls. We did Dome Plateau and had a good time. I must say, lotta Jeep hate (or is that Jeep envy?).

You can’t pick blood but you can definitely pick your in laws. No excuse. Find a new BIL.

Glad that you got your problems sorted out.

I can tell you from experience, you can do a lot of fun wheeling without lockers.
Im sure you’re right. Turns out I only used the rear locker twice, and at least one of those was unnecessary.

I guess because I’ve never been on these trails or to Moab, so I didn’t know what I was going to run into and no guide other than OnX.

We had a good time. Need to spend a week here later in the year like October. Heading to N Colorado tomorrow. NW of Fort Collins.

Top Bottom