Old School Cool

Anyone still go to these? We had 3 local junkyards that we went to for parts. The one that had the best parts was also a pig farm & he kept bees too. Pick your poison - risk getting the shit stung outta you around one side of the barn or or run through the pig shit & piss on the other.
But, we didn't have the bucks for new parts so we dug out the used ones. :mad:

View attachment 413300
I think environmental regs and insurance have most of these shut down. We have a couple near here but you can’t just go walk around you have to go to the counter and they’ll look on their computer to see if what you want is available.

Anyone still go to these? We had 3 local junkyards that we went to for parts. The one that had the best parts was also a pig farm & he kept bees too. Pick your poison - risk getting the shit stung outta you around one side of the barn or or run through the pig shit & piss on the other.
But, we didn't have the bucks for new parts so we dug out the used ones. :mad:

View attachment 413300

There was a wrecking yard in PHX, AZ called All Models 4x4. They had some parts on the rack that they had pulled for sale, but you could also wander the yard and search for stuff. This was how you discovered the real treasures. I found a tilt steering column out of an S-10 blazer that was used in my CJ-5 as well as a 401 AMC, T-18 transmission, and D44. I really enjoyed going to that place and spending a few hours just wandering around and looking for cool parts. Unfortunately they are closed down as most of those places are. Liability, theft, and the EPA have all had a hand in ruining a great pastime.

There was a wrecking yard in PHX, AZ called All Models 4x4. They had some parts on the rack that they had pulled for sale, but you could also wander the yard and search for stuff. This was how you discovered the real treasures. I found a tilt steering column out of an S-10 blazer that was used in my CJ-5 as well as a 401 AMC, T-18 transmission, and D44. I really enjoyed going to that place and spending a few hours just wandering around and looking for cool parts. Unfortunately they are closed down as most of those places are. Liability, theft, and the EPA have all had a hand in ruining a great pastime.

We still have quite a few around here. I don't know if you can wander around & take off your own parts anymore like then though. My buddy and I both had Javelins so the only place to get parts were the yards. lol, we knew exactly where every Javelin was in the local places.

Top Bottom