Norcal: slick rock june 26th

slick rock

Slick Rock is a long drive for me and I would like to spend another day in the mountains. Would anybody want to do a run on Thursday or Saturday, before or after Fridays run? Maybe Corral Hollow, Mattley Ridge, Black Forest, etc..? I've only been off-roading about 7 times so I'm more on the upper intermediate level.

Justin

Slick Rock is a long drive for me and I would like to spend another day in the mountains. Would anybody want to do a run on Thursday or Saturday, before or after Fridays run? Maybe Corral Hollow, Mattley Ridge, Black Forest, etc..? I've only been off-roading about 7 times so I'm more on the upper intermediate level.

Justin

How about Niagara Rim on Saturday? I think most of us are planning on that.

Yes, Saturday. We probably won't be at the trailhead super early, so see if it works. Btw, missed seeing you last weekend.

Bummed I missed it, but it sounds like the boys had a great time!

Just so I could map the drive, do you have a rough address of the meeting spot? Who all is going?

Bummed I missed it, but it sounds like the boys had a great time!

Just so I could map the drive, do you have a rough address of the meeting spot? Who all is going?

Trailhead is:

38° 17' 46.1" N- 119° 51' 02.6" W

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434599946.700818.jpg.

The blue dot is me, red pin is the trail.

Looks like Kyle, Panda, kitty, me, maybe Jenn/Jason...

OK, so here's the deal. :)

Wife said no way is she going (too much stuff to do at the house), however, she was very enthusiastic about me taking the boys for the day and giving her a quiet house! :) Sounds to me like permission has been granted!

Anyone else brining kids?

OK, so here's the deal. :)

Wife said no way is she going (too much stuff to do at the house), however, she was very enthusiastic about me taking the boys for the day and giving her a quiet house! :) Sounds to me like permission has been granted!

Anyone else brining kids?

Just me on this one

slick rock

How about Niagara Rim on Saturday? I think most of us are planning on that.

Hi 07:

Really want to stay around Hwy 4 since have not been up that way much. Spent a lot of time at Pinecrest and just don't want to take a long trip to get over to Niagara. Thanks for the invite.

Again anyone for a Thursday or Saturday trip after the Slick Rock run on Friday, and hit other trails nearby?

Justin

I'm still trying to get off work on Friday to do this. Anyone have a an extra handheld CB I can borrow that is going? I don't have a CB installed yet. I can amazon a handheld but if someone has a loner I would rather save the money to buy a real one later!

How difficult is the trail? My jeep's specs are in my signature line. I'm a novice driver.

My pro tek skids come in this week. I might have time to install them before. Not sure yet.

I'm still trying to get off work on Friday to do this. Anyone have a an extra handheld CB I can borrow that is going? I don't have a CB installed yet. I can amazon a handheld but if someone has a loner I would rather save the money to buy a real one later!

How difficult is the trail? My jeep's specs are in my signature line. I'm a novice driver.

My pro tek skids come in this week. I might have time to install them before. Not sure yet.

Looks like the plan right now is to run Slick Rock Friday. Meet in Angels Camp at 9:30. Some of us will likely camp Friday night (not sure where) and run either Niagara Rim or Slick Rock again on Sat. You're fine on both with locked 35s. I'm open 35s, so you might have to tug me a few times 😃. PM me your cell number and I'll text you some details.

you are more then welcome to join us. your rig is more then capable for this trail, and we are all more then welcome to help you out. hope you can join us

Top Bottom