NO MORE Half Doors??

When I originally looked for a JK to build my JK6, I specifically chose one with half doors...
My JL is a 2019. Half doors were not an option yet. And the dealer told me they would be available from Mopar within a couple months. Lies. I would have custom ordered a JL if they were a configuration option at the time.

Upon mocking up a factory order through Stellantis, I can confirm that Jeep has OFFICIALLY dropped the half doors as an option given their lackluster success on Wranglers - for now at least.

Really a bummer, they’re just too damn expensive anyway. Weirdly, they’re still available on Gladiators and of course cross compatible.

Upon mocking up a factory order through Stellantis, I can confirm that Jeep has OFFICIALLY dropped the half doors as an option given their lackluster success on Wranglers - for now at least.

Really a bummer, they’re just too damn expensive anyway. Weirdly, they’re still available on Gladiators and of course cross compatible.
Buy a red one, I heard there were some for sale 😉

Is a bummer tho as they are pretty sweet, but certainly expensive.

The price point is really what made them such a lackluster option. What's crazy is that half doors and a soft top used to be the default base model option. Back then, hard doors and a hard top were the unnecessary pricy option. Oh how times have changed.

Is it possible to differentiate in the factory order system between something not available at the moment and something dropped completely?

Maybe for 2025 they will go back to how it was with the JK, which was to offer it as a single choice and only when paired with the soft top. With the JL, they effectively created a “Dual Door Group” that no one really asked for, at least not at that price.

Last edited:
Ford was smart. They blacked out the B and C pillars on the Bronco to give it a half door look. Jeep just needs to market the half doors better. I would bet most people don't even know what a factory half door looks like on a jeep. Almost everyone I talk to about my half doors thought I was talking about tube doors.

Ford was smart. They blacked out the B and C pillars on the Bronco to give it a half door look. Jeep just needs to market the half doors better. I would bet most people don't even know what a factory half door looks like on a jeep. Almost everyone I talk to about my half doors thought I was talking about tube doors.
They essentially are, don't have an upper frame.

Jeep just needs to market the half doors better.
That's not the problem. They only sell them as an option when ordering the rest of the Jeep with them. If they were available at the parts counter at my dealer I would already have bought some. But I'm not selling my 2019 (which I bought before half doors were released). and starting over with a new build. My back, an wallet, can't take another build.

Top Bottom