New Fox 2.5 HTO Shocks W/ Total Suspension Upgrade...

4PLAY

Caught the Bug
Look what arrived at my work today: Fox new aftermarket 2.5 Smooth Body IFP HTO shocks! Poly Performance, who I had been talking with about Synergy spring rates, called me and said they had these in stock-I was expecting Fox release these July/August and said send em! These should be perfect on my '24 JLR-X build and plan to install the suspension upgrades over the July 4th weekend.
The only thing I am not 100% decided on are the tie rod / drag link combo, leaning towards the APEX black anodized aluminum but want more info on CavFab aluminum which is also available in black...

Fox New Aftermarket Smooth Body 2.5 IFP HTO Shocks:
(Had to open them for inspection in my office) :)IMG_5912.jpegIMG_5911.jpegIMG_5910.jpeg

Last edited:
Suspension Upgrades Complete!
Extremely happy with the suspension modifications on the '24 JLR-X! Lots of work with a floor jack and Jeep on jack stands...Especially in an uninsulated Arizona garage that faces west and one where the HOA requires all garage doors be closed except when entering or exiting...Yup, a PITA but a house I leased about 3 minutes from where I am building my new home.
Anyway everything works perfectly together and I netted 1 & 1/8 inch in the front and just a hair under an inch in the rear over box stock JLR-X before any upgrades. Actual lift was more as I lost a hair over 1/2 inch inch in front on stock springs after winch install and did not measure what sag I had in the rear after installing the full width MetalCloak rear bumper...The overall ride and handling is much better than stock, less lean in turns, minimal dive on hard braking, hands off wheel at 75mph on straight stretch of hi-way and she track straight as an arrow. Only have had time to take her on a short off road trail but she behaved beautifully! I do want to get her on an alignment rack but toe is exactly the same as stock and I was able to dead-center the steering wheel when on jack stands, yeah I got real lucky! As good as she drives now, it looks like I might be able to add a touch more positive caster without negatively affecting pinion / driveshaft angles. I have the Fox ATS set to 9 and that seems to be about right...

Components Used:
Synergy front and rear springs (2" on 2-door Rubicon), Synergy control arms-all 8, Synergy front and rear track bars, Synergy front and rear sway bar links, Front sway bar steel 14mm to 12mm bushing insert, Synergy rear frame side track bar brace, MetalCloak 1 inch rear sway bar drop brackets, MetalCloak DuroSpring bumps, Rancho e-brake relocation bracket, Rancho (powder coat black) LCA skids, APEX 2.5 ton black aluminum tie rod and drag link, Fox's new 2.5 HTO IFP shocks, FOX ATS stabilizer using supplied track bar bolt / stabilizer mounting stud (ordered JK version of ATS) and also using APEX 2" Fox ATS tie rod clamp and Synergy Fox ATS bushing adapter.

A Few Pictures:
New ride height, 35's still look 'ok' but will easily fit 37 KO2/3's...
IMG_6159.jpeg

Looks like that damn passenger side frame bracket must have fell off during installation...

IMG_6176.jpeg

I still hate jam nuts but used brake clean and disposable shop towels to make sure all mating surfaces, serrated washers and jam nuts themselves were clean and free of any oil or anti-seize!
IMG_6137.jpeg

I wonder how much the new Synergy springs will sag over a bit of time?

Maybe a 1/2" leveling kit on the front would help level it out.

Real 35's would fill the wheel-wells better.

I wonder how much the new Synergy springs will sag over a bit of time?

Maybe a 1/2" leveling kit on the front would help level it out.

Real 35's would fill the wheel-wells better.

No need for any leveling kit, sits great now. The 1/2 inch sag was with the factory springs and was measured the day after installing the winch. The Synergy springs gave me 1 & 1/8 inch ride height increase in front over stock (before winch install) and these measurements with the Synergy springs were taken two weeks after Synergy springs were installed. For me, this is the perfect LCG build that will allow me to fit 37" KO2/3's...Everyone has their own tire preferences and for me, the KO2's (and hopefully the KO3's) have been the perfect all terrain tire.

If I was building a dedicated trail rig I would probably look towards something larger, more aggressive and would be a completely different build.

I just got an alignment check / readout today and very happy with the results! Not bad for a garage floor alignment with Jeep on jack stands. I was shooting for about 6.5 degrees caster, she drives great, tracks great and at 85mph smooth and no vibrations...

IMG_6197.jpeg

Top Bottom