need you expertise in picking out the right Jeep!!

to Rubi or not to rubi

• Rubicon - with almost fully loaded

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • Sport - Fully loaded

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
so i did a little bit of digging. not sure if im correct or not but if some one is getting 5.5% under invoice with a JKUR thats about $4-5k less then msrp. am i correct?
i found a website that lets you pick the options and pretty much build your jeep then it tells you what the invoice is, and the MSRP. so i took invoice took out 5.5% got that number then added back in the difference between MSRP and Invoice. to get a general idea of what im looking to pay compared to the MSRP of the car.
this way i found its about 4-5k less then msrp. correct me if im wrong.

this is still early for me to get in to details, but if i have a over all idea of a good price and i then would know how close i am to getting my first JKUR.

Yes, I think $4-5k under MSRP is right on the money. I think truecar will let you build your jeep and show you the MSRP and the Invoice fyi.

Here are my actual numbers pre tax, title, license (WITH the $500 incentive from jeep)

MSRPInvoice
$41,860$39,233
$ Discount$5,214$2,587
% Discount12.46%6.59%
Amount Paid$36,646$36,646
And here are the numbers IF I was to buy it without the $500 incentive from Jeep (getting that takes a little work, a little time, and a little luck). I was wrong it was 5.32% under invoice / 11.26% under MSRP.

MSRPInvoice
$41,860$39,233
$ Discount$4,714$2,087
% Discount11.26%5.32%
Amount Paid$37,146$37,146
One more thing, one of important parts of getting a good discount is joining tread lightly for the 1% you get from that. I think you have to be a member for a month before ordering if I remember correctly - I would look it up to be sure.

I hope that helps & good luck Jeep shopping!

-Mark

this sounds so tempting. maybe as a return favor ill take some sweet pictures of your jeep while we are out there. maybe even call it "The WAL NW Photoshoot Run" ;)
and maybe get some other local guys to go as well?? make it a little get together. ill be able to check out what every one has and meet some local guys.
i guess i could be down for this :wings:

Sign me up! Let's do it!

Yes, I think $4-5k under MSRP is right on the money. I think truecar will let you build your jeep and show you the MSRP and the Invoice fyi.

Here are my actual numbers pre tax, title, license (WITH the $500 incentive from jeep)

MSRPInvoice
$41,860$39,233
$ Discount$5,214$2,587
% Discount12.46%6.59%
Amount Paid$36,646$36,646
And here are the numbers IF I was to buy it without the $500 incentive from Jeep (getting that takes a little work, a little time, and a little luck). I was wrong it was 5.32% under invoice / 11.26% under MSRP.

MSRPInvoice
$41,860$39,233
$ Discount$4,714$2,087
% Discount11.26%5.32%
Amount Paid$37,146$37,146
One more thing, one of important parts of getting a good discount is joining tread lightly for the 1% you get from that. I think you have to be a member for a month before ordering if I remember correctly - I would look it up to be sure.

I hope that helps & good luck Jeep shopping!

-Mark

THANK YOU SO MUCH! this puts it all in to perspective and i can dial in my savings to the total amount to get a closer idea to when I'm ready to pull the trigger. thanks

Sign me up! Let's do it!

ok lets do this when the weather warms up a little. early spring should be a good time for me. lets shoot for march?

when it gets a little closer ill try to get some people to go that i know out side of this forum. and post up something in the "UP COMING TRIPS & EVENTS" side to get more WAL guys to tag along.

I'm actually going to go purchase my first Jeep tomorrow (hopefully)! If $5000 off msrp is right, I could get a new Rubicon! I'm praying the dealership will work with me that much.

I purchased a 2014 JKU Sport with AT and half doors and nothing else. I didn't want a lot of bells and whistles that could fail down the road. My thinking was that aftermarket > Mopar, so a ProRock 44 in the front and a ProRock 60 in the rear with ARB lockers and RCV axles. 37" tires, and a MetalCloak Game Changer 3.5" lift (I know, I know. That purchase was before I found this site.) Poison Spyder bumpers and Rocker Knockers. A Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX head unit with navigation and SiriusXM, JL Audio speakers, subs and amps. Theres a lot more stuff and at the end of the day it costs a lot more than a Rubicon, but I got to do it exactly the way I wanted. I'm far from done, as EVO is going to play a large part in my JKUs future. You won't go wrong either way. Good luck to you!

ok lets do this when the weather warms up a little. early spring should be a good time for me. lets shoot for march?

when it gets a little closer ill try to get some people to go that i know out side of this forum. and post up something in the "UP COMING TRIPS & EVENTS" side to get more WAL guys to tag along.

Sounds
Good to me.

Top Bottom