Name That JEEP Part

Here's one for tonight. I did have to zoom in on this part. If I showed the whole thing, it would be very easy. This is not something you see often.........

part.jpg

cj7 transfer case switch that was mounted in the glove box.

LOL! You know your old school Jeeps!

This is from a 1979 Jeep Cherokee with the Borg Warner Quadra-Trac Full Time 4WD Transfer Case. They incorporated a vacuum switch in the glove that locked the front and rear output shafts in the T-Case. This T-Case was also used in 1976 - 1979 CJ7's.

Quadratrac.jpg

LOL! You know your old school Jeeps!

This is from a 1979 Jeep Cherokee with the Borg Warner Quadra-Trac Full Time 4WD Transfer Case. They incorporated a vacuum switch in the glove that locked the front and rear output shaft in the T-Case. This T-Case was also used in 1976 - 1979 CJ7's.

Hated that system, but love the old jeeps, especially the CJ5. Next up:

Over Drive for an old Willys maybe?

Yup. Worked on a Dana 18 transfer case with both front and rear drive outputs on the passenger side. bolted on the back of the transfer case directly behind the transmission. Since it was a synchro unit, turned your three speed T90 into a 6 speed. Great when you had the stock 4.88 ratio...

Yup. Worked on a Dana 18 transfer case with both front and rear drive outputs on the passenger side. bolted on the back of the transfer case directly behind the transmission. Since it was a synchro unit, turned your three speed T90 into a 6 speed. Great when you had the stock 4.88 ratio...

Wow! Very cool! I've seen a lot of Willys but never one with an over drive and even fewer with a PTO. Probably pretty rare...Like a CJ7 with a Quadra-Trac.

Top Bottom