Name That JEEP Part

Looks like a boot that goes on the door ajar switch on older vehicles. New vehicles are all built into the latch now though.

WTF? Are you serious?? Be a bit more specific and I'll be really impressed.

I couldn't think of any other boot on any vehicle, lol. It's where the PRNDL linkage goes in to the valve body or the other rod. I can't think of the name now, lol.

I couldn't think of any other boot on any vehicle, lol. It's where the PRNDL linkage goes in to the valve body or the other rod. I can't think of the name now, lol.

Not exactly but you were pretty damn close with what you originally stated.

Or is it at the very end of the shift cable before it connects to the trans? Can't remember, I just know I've seen it there. I guess it could be up by the throttle body too.

What about the T Case cable boot?

I think the tcase one is way longer than that, covers most of the cable. I could be wrong though. I'm just waiting to find out the answer. :D It could ultimately be the new Teraflex track bar bushing.

I think the tcase one is way longer than that, covers most of the cable. I could be wrong though. I'm just waiting to find out the answer. :D It could ultimately be the new Teraflex track bar bushing.

Wait! I think the XJs have a pivot linkage rod that has a boot?

In the mean time, I'm hoping this will be a stumper.........this is something that rarely fails, but most Jeeps have something like this:

cs.jpg

Top Bottom