My billet rubi build

Over the past few months I have been cleaning out my coolant reservoir every few weeks. It has been getting a dirt/mud buildup at the bottom. I read a while back that it was an issue with the casting of the heater core or something similar with early 2013 jeeps. Today I finally drained all of the coolant and filled with water then drained again. I filled with water again and am driving around tonight with just water. Tomorrow I will fill with all new OAT coolant. I also found the source of an intermittent squeak that Ive been hearing for the past few months. Its becoming more frequent so I made an appointment for this Saturday at the dealer to hopefully get it covered under warranty. I know there is a 5 year/100k warranty on powertrain but who knows if they cover the water pump for the full amount or only until 3 year/36k. While its in Im going to have them see if mine falls into the alternator recall or the heated mirror recall. Lets see if they give me any hassle about that Genesis dual battery kit :yup:

noise that Im hearing for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AfKL-QmZFA

They will cover it, I had the same issue with mine it was a quick 2 hour job for them

So I show up to the dealer this morning and they have no record of me making an appointment. Apparently they have a glitch in the online system. BTW, the jeep water pump made the noise when I gassed up right before the dealer but not when I was trying to show the advisor. I even showed them a video of my jeep making the noise, not a random YouTube video. They wanted to keep it a few days so it could make the noise for them. I didn't want to leave it so I just left. It made the noise as I was turning out of the dealer! I'm tempted to just buy the parts and do it myself. I already found the pump, gasket, and thermostat housing online for about $120.

So I show up to the dealer this morning and they have no record of me making an appointment. Apparently they have a glitch in the online system. BTW, the jeep water pump made the noise when I gassed up right before the dealer but not when I was trying to show the advisor. I even showed them a video of my jeep making the noise, not a random YouTube video. They wanted to keep it a few days so it could make the noise for them. I didn't want to leave it so I just left. It made the noise as I was turning out of the dealer! I'm tempted to just buy the parts and do it myself. I already found the pump, gasket, and thermostat housing online for about $120.

They need to do the screw driver method to the pump it'd self to hear the noise or a stethoscope for the noise, I had my pump replaced 3 months after getting my billet rubi, one of the techs did the long screw driver method and they replaced it for me, I believe it took the 3 hours to do it

Tax return was deposited today so I'll be ordering the rear bolt on coilovers tomorrow through Northridge. I also sold a handgun today which will pay for 4 wheels. I'm going to order wheels first that way it's easier to store while I wait for tires. 37s will take up too much room.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423675364.402451.jpg
I'm going to miss this gun but eventually I'll buy another one.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423675398.449627.jpg
I'm thinking of these. I saw a picture on google of the chamber pros with the center caps from the slabs. I'll try to order those.

It's all ordered and on the way. Black Teflon chamber pro beadlocks and evo rear coilovers. Coilovers will be here Monday. Wheels are being drop shipped.

I hear ya on waiting - It is killing me right now I picked up some used rear eve spec bolt on coil overs and have to wait until I can afford the fronts.

Your Jeep is looking great! :beer:

BTW your mailbox is full

I just got an email saying you tried to PM me but it was full. I deleted a few so you can try again if you'd like.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424382565.081651.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424382575.453123.jpg
The wheels came in today. Can anyone with the slabs chime in as to how the center caps go on? I've heard that they are screwed on and these don't have any holes for them. I posted pictures before of the chamber pros with center caps that appear to be the same as the slabs

Top Bottom