Mopar spicer Dana 60

Dude, you got issues. Not sure what your beef is with me and obviously I am going to lose this argument. You are so much better with the 12 year comments (panties in a bunch--REALLY) and the clever smiley faces.

:cheesy: I may have issues but you're the one who's choosing to spend his Friday evening on my forum getting butthurt over "12 year old comments" and "clever smiley faces". Just sayin ;) :D

I am just bringing out info about a new product....

...Dude really I am here to help out other Jeepers nothing more. I am not trying to gain status, I'm not a Spicer Rep (whoops sore subject), I'm not selling anything, degrade anybody's rig, or criticize anyone (maybe some slight bashing). Bottomline, I'm here to help out Jeepers--that's it. Cool?

So you keep saying again and again and again as if anyone even asked for it over and over and over again. We get it. Really. :crazyeyes:

I never claimed you were critizing me about being able to "take it". I stated a fact that I can roll with the best of them and I don't get butt hurt about things.

Again, you could have fooled me but hey, you keep telling yourself that if it helps you to sleep better at night. :yup:

Edited: I'm not posting anything else on this thread that doesn't have nothing to do with the OP. I hate digging through meaningless comments to get information I am searching for. Guilty of screwing this one up.

Being that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS ON THIS FORUM IS ON THIS THREAD, it seems to me that this is what you're best at. :idontknow:

Enjoy the rest of your Friday evening... or, should I say, Saturday morning now :yup:

im sure my futuristic dana 98.923423 super ultra (more fancy words) axle will have more clearence and strengh then your sponsor axles that are clearly the best there is for the money that i secretly want... :banghead: wheres the koolaid? and be sure to add extra :honey:

So that it isn't missed, I recommend Spicer parts all the time, recommend that people keep their Dana 44 rear and run their Dana 44 fronts for as long as they can and have ZERO issues with anything they make. In the end, they make great OE parts and to OE specs.

That being said, I find it funny that so many people are willing to pay top dollar for aftermarket suspension components, bumpers and bead lock wheels when building up their Jeeps but then would be okay to go with OE quality 60's just because it's "cheaper". The sad truth is, IF the JK's came with these Dana 60's from the factory, I don't think anyone would be looking to upgrade as they probably would be all that you need. But, when your talking about spending thousands of dollars for an upgraded axle, it's hard for me to imagine why you wouldn't want to save just a bit more and get the best too. Of course, most of the people I've talked to who try to justify the cost savings are the same people who were eager to throw all kinds of money at their factory Dana 30 or Dana 44.

But hey, that's just me. It's your Jeep and you should build it up however you want. :yup:

Yeah my thoughts exactly especially if you could purchase them as an option and be included in the financing.

Here's a picture of my axle, these plug welds suck balls. Can anybody verify the 60 has better quality?

Attachments

• 1422128921337.jpg
    1422128921337.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 323
Here's a picture of my axle, these plug welds suck balls. Can anybody verify the 60 has better quality?

That's what I'm waiting to see. One thing you could do is when the axles arrive go get the tubes welded to the pumpkin.
I'm wondering how much more upgraded the front C's are.

I called Northridge to see if they had a set of them in stock they said they had not arrived yet. I was wanting to get their opinion of them after seeing them in person. So many unknowns at this time.

That's what I'm waiting to see. One thing you could do is when the axles arrive go get the tubes welded to the pumpkin.
I'm wondering how much more upgraded the front C's are.

Really shouldn't have to do that. The quality from dana on factory axles is more than enough for me to spend the money on dynatrac when the time comes for axles.

I called Northridge to see if they had a set of them in stock they said they had not arrived yet. I was wanting to get their opinion of them after seeing them in person. So many unknowns at this time.

Careful about asking vendors opinions about the quality of items. I have a hard time thinking Northridge would be objective about items they are looking to SELL.

Careful about asking vendors opinions about the quality of items. I have a hard time thinking Northridge would be objective about items they are looking to SELL.

Good point. I figured since they sold both I might get a true opinion. At this point I'm holding out for PR's I'm just really curious about this "new design" Spicer axle. Have they truly listened to the problems and concerns of the consumer!?! We'll see over time...

Wow! This is a long thread. If we knew about it sooner we would have chimed in.

First of all, if anyone wants a UD60 axle built by Mopar/Dana, they can order it right here at Dynatrac. Stocks are limited, but we are happy to help you get the right equipment for your budget and needs. That’s our job. We want to make sure that we sell the right axle to every one of our customers for the type of vehicle they are building and how they want to use it. The UD60 has its place in the market, but there are a lot of factors to make sure we give our customers exactly what they need.

Here is our take on the questions raised in the thread, technical and otherwise.

- The Dana axles are cheaper. If low price is your primary criteria, then these are a better choice than the other imported alternatives that are out there. You know who they are, so we don’t need to mention any names.

- Comparing the prices of UD60s and Dynatrac ProRock axles is difficult. Dynatrac offers more options and features than any other axle, period. You would have to use a very bare ProRock configuration to even get close to a fair price comparison, and even that’s not fair because our base ProRock has features not offered in any other axle. Frankly, we rarely sell a ProRock without a bunch of options. That tells me that price is not the only criteria for most of you.

- You can order a ProRock with any geometry (pinion angle & castor). That lets us build your axle so it will drive great in your vehicle. One size does not fit all – we configure this for every customer. That’s why we spend more time talking with our customers before they buy, than any other axle company. I cannot confirm the geometry of the UD60, but I can tell you that it is only offered in one configuration.

- Dynatrac ProRock axles have considerably better ground clearance than the UD60. We’re sure of that. A little ground clearance makes a big difference.

- Other than the ring & pinions, I do not know if any of the Mopar/Dana UD60 parts are made in the USA. Since Dana only called out the gear as “made in USA”, my guess is the rest of it is imported. All the components we manufacture for your ProRock are made in USA.

- We offer multiple brake options for your ProRock axle. They all fit in 17” wheels. We have yet to find a 17” wheel that does not fit. The UD60 brakes may not fit some 17” wheels. We simply cannot confirm which ones will or will not fit.

- The Mopar/Dana axles are 69.5” wide compared to the 68.5” width of our ProRock60 fronts for the JK. Stock JK is 65.5”. Our ProRock rear axles, Trail Series axles and ProRock 44 axles are available in stock and custom widths.

- Anyone can buy an axle from Dynatrac directly. We also have some fine dealers and builders out there that insist on Dynatrac. Many customers prefer to buy direct if they don’t have a trusted local source. You must buy a UD60 from a 3rd party. You will not find a more reliable source of experience, correct information, and better reputation than Dynatrac.

- Mopar Performance parts do not have a warranty. I am not aware of an official warranty procedure offered by Dana. Dynatrac will sell the Mopar/Dana UD60, but cannot warranty it for you. We will always do our best to get the big guys to help you, but all we can do is try.

- Dynatrac offers the best warranty in the business on ProRock and all of the axles that we manufacture. Dynatrac will warranty, service and talk to you one-on-one about our products any day. We always have, and always will. Having a warranty and honoring/servicing that warranty are two very different things. Our track record of honoring warranty and service is second to none. You don’t have to take my word for it, ask around.

- You simply cannot compare a UD60 – or any other rear axle for that matter – to the ProRock 80. We designed the ProRock 80 specifically because we had hard evidence that the market needed much more than a Dana 60 or 70 gear could deliver. Smaller builds can still benefit from the ProRock 60 or UD60 in the rear. Especially compared to other imported axles out there.

- The UD60 axles only come with the Eaton E-locker. I do not know if this is the old version or the new version Eaton has been talking about. The old E-locker version is not strong enough for big tire (37” or more tires) in our opinion. Substituting ARBs, or any other diff for that matter, eliminates most of the cost savings of the UD60. It also complicates any claims on warranty.

Stay tuned for more info on the new Dynatrac ProRock XD60 with our new 1550 wheel ends. The best is getting even better.

Dynatrac has been leading the aftermarket axle business since 1988. We know more about performance axles and durability for trucks, Jeeps, buggies, etc. than any other company in the world. Yes, I’m sure of myself when I say that. It’s great that companies like Dana and Mopar have taken a recent interest in the aftermarket. We support them, do business with them, and want to see them do well. However, if your vehicle is important enough for you to seek out the best axle, Dynatrac is still your only choice.

until people start putting these things on the trails, everything thats not on a spec sheet will be pure speculation. All the info and specifications are out there so now its up to whoever wants to roll the dice with $10k in hopes that these are quality axles.

...Im hoping to be able to relocate to Colorado Springs after this deployment so I'll be able to hit some of the much harder trails out there. Problem is, my wife is still active duty and im now a civilian contractor so we have to be able to get jobs in the same location. There will always be something on the east coast for us by the nature of our jobs so worst case scenario we'll be staying in NC but we are bothing hoping to make the move to Colorado. That being said, I have 12 months in Afghanistan to figure out where im going to be and what axles I'll be getting.

Off topic but important. jmatta33 - Thank you and your wife for your service and dedication to the safety of our nation. Godspeed in Afghanistan. Come home safe.

Off topic but important. jmatta33 - Thank you and your wife for your service and dedication to the safety of our nation. Godspeed in Afghanistan. Come home safe.

very much appreciated, and your response on this thread could not have been said any better! thanks for the info and for putting a few things in perspective!

Top Bottom