Metal on metal noise rear end

Northbound517

Good evening,
2016 Jeep JKUR.
Hoping to get some advice / suggestions:
Installed metalcloak 3.5 lift last weekend (control arms, trac bars, drag link, sway bar disconnects etc). When putting the Jeep into reverse and backing up, I heard a rather faint, brief, but noticeable metal on metal noise, almost like a “binding” noise.

I double checked and checked again, the torque on all suspension components. No improvement.
I did note that the passenger side spring is within 1/2 inch of frame trac bar mount, and it’s bowed a bit. I did order the spring perch correction plate. Also wondering if my rear wheel is not cantered properly and is too far to the rear?.Any thoughts on this? Oh and I run 37’s

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1128.jpeg
    IMG_1128.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 14
Did you set the control arms to their specs, especially using the DB3 brackets? How does your rear pinion angle look on the ground with the Jeep on it's own weight? The description of "binding noise" could be anything and, I would guess could be the suspension settling.

Did you set the control arms to their specs, especially using the DB3 brackets? How does your rear pinion angle look on the ground with the Jeep on it's own weight? The description of "binding noise" could be anything and, I would guess could be the suspension settling.
Jeremy, thanks for the response-I did set to specs, but not sure about pinion, I will check that.

More specifically, did you install "mid-arms"? If not, what specs did you set the arms to? How much longer than stock because, what you're describing looks and sounds like your arms are too long.

OP, I have installed this same lift before.
I followed manufacturers install lengths which IIRC are very close to stock, maybe 3/8” longer.

Set the length of your rear lowers per the instructions and adjust the uppers to correct pinion angle.

Hope you get it sorted out.

More specifically, did you install "mid-arms"? If not, what specs did you set the arms to? How much longer than stock because, what you're describing looks and sounds like your arms are too long.
Eddie, thanks for the response! Yes, I installed mid arms with drop brackets according the the instructed lengths but I too “feel” like they may be a bit too long-would I shorten BOTH upper and lower to move the axle a bit more forward to center the wheel in the wheel well? Still learning and appreciate all your information both here and on the YT channel!

Top Bottom