MedixJK build thread

Just came across a pic of your rig with a 35" on the stock Rubi wheels on your tailgate.

Did you do anything special to make the spare fit? Assuming you have the OEM carrier still.

I haven't spent too much time on mine, but it looks like I need to chop down the third brake light and maybe shorten the isolators a tad?

Could you shed some light on this?

On the factory wheel w a 35x12.50 tire, i have good firm contact with the tire carrier isolators. No spacer needed. Its held up well so far, and the toyo is a pretty heavy tire (~78lbs). Some people have been able to cram the spare on w the 3rd brk lite still intact but i didnt like it. I cut it off at the base and used plate/lite relocation setup by Rockhard. Works great.

My warn M8000 pulled 2 other keeps plus myself up the ledge at Uwharrie and also pulled me sideways up a hill...so far, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Also, pulled a few bushes around the house.

True story, i was one of them. I was planning on a bigger winch but after this trip, I don't think I really need it.

On the factory wheel w a 35x12.50 tire, i have good firm contact with the tire carrier isolators. No spacer needed. Its held up well so far, and the toyo is a pretty heavy tire (~78lbs). Some people have been able to cram the spare on w the 3rd brk lite still intact but i didnt like it. I cut it off at the base and used plate/lite relocation setup by Rockhard. Works great.

Thank you sir

Those of you who have put 90* zerks in your evo LCAs...whats the trick? Mine keep ending up facing the wrong direction...

Those of you who have put 90* zerks in your evo LCAs...whats the trick? Mine keep ending up facing the wrong direction...
I would try taking it out and putting a little blue lock tight on it and put it back in. Id bet that would hold it.

I would try taking it out and putting a little blue lock tight on it and put it back in. Id bet that would hold it.

I think he is saying that the way the hole is threaded, the zerk is inaccessible, not that it is spinning. Is that the case Medix?

I think he is saying that the way the hole is threaded, the zerk is inaccessible, not that it is spinning. Is that the case Medix?
Now that you said that I believe your right. I would still think if you put lock tight on it and got it as close to possible to tight where you want it it should be fine. I could be wrong though.

Now that you said that I believe your right. I would still think if you put lock tight on it and got it as close to possible to tight where you want it it should be fine. I could be wrong though.

Good point. I have this issue on one of my Front LCAs and just got used to dropping the axle end every month when I grease to access be fitting, your idea may fix that though. Thanks.

Yup exactly. Because the threads engage in a specific spot, it always is facing sideways when its tight.

How hard is it to wire up a front e-locker in a "sport" jk? Im no electrician, but id like to tackle the full axle install in my garage...

After a quick google search, looks like if you get an Eaton e-locker it comes with a wiring harness.
Thats good to know. I havent researched it much yet since i dont know which route ill be going, but its good to know eitherway, its probably just a wiring harness...

Top Bottom