Looking for opinions re: tires

This has to be the best comparison I have ever seen thanks for the post. I too am in the "should have went 35" club... Took about 36 hrs after getting the 33's

The above post really makes the unlimited look like it should.

I will be ready for 35 soon and do most daily drive on the highway. Auto 3:73 and the 3.8. By nature not a speed freak just thinking by the time I pull the trigger Jeep will have about 165,000 KM on it

Wait for new jeep or just go for it!?!?

I keep obsessing on that for a bit.

i love the look of the 35's on your rig. And yes to other post, i would/could use the leg lift method. its more about getting tires on and off the carrier. I think adrenaline would kick in and i could accomplish a change if really stuck. id leave a tire in the woods rather than perish there…..Or perhaps some helpful jeeper would like a cold beer…..besides that weight issue may be more of a justification for not spending 225 a wheel, plus 300 a tire, plus bumper, carrier, gussets, etc etc etc…..just don't gain all that much for multi thousand dollar invest. i think for now I'm gonna get some additional undercarriage protection (ARB diff covers) and perhaps a cold air intake…..

i love the look of the 35's on your rig. And yes to other post, i would/could use the leg lift method. its more about getting tires on and off the carrier. I think adrenaline would kick in and i could accomplish a change if really stuck. id leave a tire in the woods rather than perish there…..Or perhaps some helpful jeeper would like a cold beer…..besides that weight issue may be more of a justification for not spending 225 a wheel, plus 300 a tire, plus bumper, carrier, gussets, etc etc etc…..just don't gain all that much for multi thousand dollar invest. i think for now I'm gonna get some additional undercarriage protection (ARB diff covers) and perhaps a cold air intake…..

Thanks. Undercarriage protection is always a good start / investment. I always wondered why I waited this long to make the switch...

image.jpg
image.jpg

aldaman:beer:

Last edited:
seems to me that a best or most sensible way to upgrade to 35 is as follows

tires, wheels (hub centric…could go spacers but wider tires seem best on other than factory rims…beadlock best but non beadlock ok), tire carrier, rear bumper, C-Gussets, and re gearing.

tires, 5 x 300…..wheels, 5 x 250……bumper and carrier…..1800,,,,,,,gussetsm 100 plus labor…300…..re gear, 250?….

so about 5 grand????? Yowser.

tires, wheels (hub centric…could go spacers but wider tires seem best on other than factory rims…beadlock best but non beadlock ok), tire carrier, rear bumper, C-Gussets, and re gearing.

tires, 5 x 300…..wheels, 5 x 250……bumper and carrier…..1800,,,,,,,gussetsm 100 plus labor…300…..re gear, 250?….

Regear is closer to $1000-$2000. No way your getting it for $250.

I am running 35's on stock wheels and there's no downside or problem with running them. It's actually better for maintaining a bead when you are running low psi in the tires off road. Spacers like spidertracks are just fine as long as you check the torque every once and a while. Gussets are a must. As Adam said a regear is at least 1k+ unless you know someone who can install then for you.

Buy a lightly used set of 35's for 1000
Buy a set of used spidertrack spacers for 125+/-
A regear 1500
Gussets installed(you paying labor) 150+/-
Call it a day for 2500 +/-

Top Bottom