Let’s see your Fire Extinguisher Mounts

^^^What Jags said.... I Bought both an extinguisher and a separate metal bracket (comes with the cheap plastic one) from home depot. Only had to drill one hole in the bracket and used 2 existing holes in the seat frame. I like this setup because I can have it out and ready in seconds.

View attachment 309723

View attachment 309724
Looks good, I think I just bought the same extinguisher from HD. Any fitment issues? I have a 2015 JKU.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A fire extinguisher, specifically a dry chemical powder type, in the footwell area is a disaster waiting to happen. The mess those create if accidentally discharged is horrible but they are one of the more cost effective options so they are popular. I recommend extinguishers using Halotron as it's discharged as a liquid that evaporates so there is no mess to cleanup afterward AND it's just as effective. In addition it is much safer on electronic equipment.

Just bought a Halotron to swap out the dry chemical one I had. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I swapped out my AMEREX dry chem for a halotron 2.5 under the seat and added a 5 pounder dry chem in the back. Now I have a quick grab halotron for something under the hood. The big one in the back is for someones car, or out of control campfire/camp stove, etc.

View attachment 311718View attachment 311719

Last edited:
I swapped out my AMEREX dry chem for a halotron 2.5 under the seat and added a 5 pounder dry chem in the back. Now I have a quick grab halotron for something under the hood. The big on in the back is for someones car, or out of control campfire/camp stove, etc.
]

Is the one by the driver’s seat bolted to the floor?

Is that bolted to the floor?

Nope. With the door shut, it's not going anywhere. I have a tuffy lock box under the seat that boxes it in. I should also add that if I bolted it down, then it wouldn't come up and out of the bracket. As it sits now, I can pull it out by the nozzle and the extinguisher and bracket all come out as one. The bracket keeps it from moving around too.

Last edited:
I have my 5 pounder mounted with quick fist in the rear.

Attachments

• DE1FD44D-15F4-479D-99C3-CCB7CC91E213.jpg
    DE1FD44D-15F4-479D-99C3-CCB7CC91E213.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 205

Hope those hose clamps are strong. Otherwise that thing is gonna break loose and whack you in the back of the head at your first rear end collision.

View attachment 312424

I have this one in the back, and a one pounder under the seat

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Not only if those brackets break that's one hell of a bomb back there but I see you both have tour hard tops on. While that location seems to work well with no top I can't imagine it's easy to get to with all hard top on. Especially trying to undo quick fists.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

After a bunch of trial and error, I settled on and H3R quick release mount on the side of the drivers seat.

IMG_9792.jpg

I didn’t like the head of the fire extinguisher up near my feet. I’d catch it every once in awhile with the heal of my boot. Keeping it reversed protects the head and the pin from getting brushed. I had to shorten up the release pin a bit, there’s not a lot of room for vertical travel for the pin in that location. But now you just grab the rip cord and it is instantly free. Otherwise it is locked down tight and won’t rattle.

After a bunch of trial and error, I settled on and H3R quick release mount on the side of the drivers seat.

View attachment 313407

I didn’t like the head of the fire extinguisher up near my feet. I’d catch it every once in awhile with the heal of my boot. Keeping it reversed protects the head and the pin from getting brushed. I had to shorten up the release pin a bit, there’s not a lot of room for vertical travel for the pin in that location. But now you just grab the rip cord and it is instantly free. Otherwise it is locked down tight and won’t rattle.

Can you get it out with the drivers side door closed?

View attachment 313407

I ended up with mine mounted there on a cheap metal mount from Home Depot but the head flipped towards the front. Long story short the pin fell out, my boot tapped it, extinguisher went off in the jeep... hilarious now but frustrating at the time...

Where are the two door folks mounting them? I had it on the rear roll bar but that’s not easy to get to.

Yeah, I've got them on the rear roll bar which is fine when she's open but makes me a little nervous when everything's closed up. I don't really like the seat mounts, but I may do it for the winter unless there's a better suggestion.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I ended up with mine mounted there on a cheap metal mount from Home Depot but the head flipped towards the front. Long story short the pin fell out, my boot tapped it, extinguisher went off in the jeep... hilarious now but frustrating at the time...

So far, my pins stayed in. I reversed it with the nozzle towards the back so it won’t get bumped as easily. Hypothetically at least

Top Bottom