JLU 40% seat delete

jeeeep

Hooked
Anyone have a solution for a 40% seat delete? I want to remove the driver side rear passenger and keep the 60% functional.

Everything I have found so far that claims to be 40% works only with an existing 60% delete already in place.

What are you wanting there? In my JK I just took the seat out by unbolting it and then built a wood platform I covered in carpet and it worked perfect. That’s where I mounted my fridge and it was a lot easier to get into than when it was on the seat. Especially with 40’s.

Anyone have a solution for a 40% seat delete? I want to remove the driver side rear passenger and keep the 60% functional.

Everything I have found so far that claims to be 40% works only with an existing 60% delete already in place.
The Goose-gear system can use either the 40% or the 60% separately. I'm planning on deleting the back seat in my JT.

I also did a 100% delete added a platform & probably will never put it back in
Get more use with the platform than the seat any day
That's what I'm planning on doing. Since I don't have any kids I really don't need the back seat

What are you wanting there? In my JK I just took the seat out by unbolting it and then built a wood platform I covered in carpet and it worked perfect. That’s where I mounted my fridge and it was a lot easier to get into than when it was on the seat. Especially with 40’s.
I still carry passengers often enough I need the 60% to be stable and don't want to remove the 60% and have someone in the back seat behind me.
I've sat in the 40% seat and it's uncomfortable - hell, the whole back seat is worthless, but passengers still need a place to sit.

The Goose-gear system can use either the 40% or the 60% separately. I'm planning on deleting the back seat in my JT.
From what I've seen, the JT is actually 2 separate seats unlike the JL that share a bolt between them to support the bench.

Thanks for the input, my choice would be to delete the entire back seat but not all my passengers can drive and strapping them on the hardtop isn't an option.

I'll pull out the 40% and see how much it affects the stability, I suspect it's similar to the JK and will need some sort of bracket support.

EDIT:
Should have started with watching how the rear seat comes out, the 60% has the bolt that the 40% needs to be stable, hence the 60% delete bracket.
Problem solved and I can use the bolt that sticks out of the 60% as a deck mounting point (y)

Last edited:
I still carry passengers often enough I need the 60% to be stable and don't want to remove the 60% and have someone in the back seat behind me.
I've sat in the 40% seat and it's uncomfortable - hell, the whole back seat is worthless, but passengers still need a place to sit.
I was referencing taking the 40 part of the seat out. Not the whole seat. I kept the 60 part. They are two separate seats and not tied together.

Top Bottom