JL hardtop options.

JimLee

Hooked
Well, got back from the Rubicon like this:
731eccd3-84ea-4327-a904-5a4117e55332.jpgcdfbe345-454e-408e-93f9-a21d7883ad05.jpg

I'm pretty sure Jeep isn't going to warranty it based on accounts from others that it has happened to (both with and without roof racks). Should I look at repair options or start hard top shopping? Anyone else had the cracks? Have you checked your hard top lately?

Bummer. It is the reason like this that I never run trails like the Rubicon with a hard top on. Heck, I typically go doorless (or half doors) too.

View attachment 412729View attachment 412730

I'm pretty sure Jeep isn't going to warranty it based on accounts from others that it has happened to (both with and without roof racks). Should I look at repair options or start hard top shopping? Anyone else had the cracks? Have you checked your hard top lately?
Had the same problem with mine on the driver’s after the last Fordyce run. No warranty either. Black electrical tape is my current fix.

And also, welcome back, Jim! 👍

Bummer. It is the reason like this that I never run trails like the Rubicon with a hard top on. Heck, I typically go doorless (or half doors) too.
Yea, I never thought that literally everything will make contact at some point or another, lol.

I touched up a big paint bubble that popped on my JK hard top with a few light coats of plasti-dip. It actually matches the color and texture great.
Might have to consider that, and it would probably seal it as well. Thanks.

Hey looks who’s back and a follower again!

No, not really, but hey just make some shit up. It's really simple, no amount of caster is going to correct high control arm angles that affect front impact feel, and anti dive. This is suspension 101 shit. Hey don't do it if you don't want, my jeep drives great and that's what matters to me. I'm not trying to convince anyone to do things my way, I'm trying to show that there's a lot of different ways to skin a cat that work. I know that doesn't fit with the WAL forum "build your jeep our way or fuck you!" mentality, but hey, I was never a follower.

As usual, go fuck yourself Adam.
Aww you’re still an angry little elf?
452l9o.jpg

Any decent body shop should be able to repair and paint it good as new. There used to be a facility in Tempe that specialized in stretching the hard tops 10" for the JKL conversion, but I'm not sure if they're still around. (Kustom Koachworks was their name)

Maybe see where your local RV dealers are sending their customers to?

Top Bottom