JKX Tillamook Round 2!

Day 2 was a great day.

I went back and conquered the couple of spots that gave me trouble when I was stock.

We ran firebreak 5 again. We all zipped right up to the top and stopped to play on crushers, where Steve learned he shouldn't jinx himself by talking about possible things that could break. Snap goes the axle shaft.

That didn't stop him. He ran the rest of the day in 2 wheel and kept up with everybody.

I got up waterfall for the second time.
Dave got up on his first ever attempt as well.

Thanks for everyone who came over the two days. I had a great time. Don't forget to get me any video and/or pictures. I'll be putting them into a compilation for everyone.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859073.965644.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859105.743353.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859124.768646.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859146.364716.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859186.364023.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859207.938447.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859225.247100.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859249.076224.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859263.168360.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425859282.324079.jpg

stopped to play on crushers, where Steve learned he shouldn't jinx himself by talking about possible things that could break. Snap goes the axle shaft.

]

Jealous!!! I love that trail!!

How far in were you when Steve broke? Sucks I wasn't there, I had a spare outer shaft and u joint for a 60.

Edit- just remembered he has a 44 front.

Last edited:
Jealous!!! I love that trail!!

How far in were you when Steve broke? Sucks I wasn't there, I had a spare outer shaft and u joint for a 60.

He went down the left side and came back around. Was doing good and close to being out.
That would been great, but he's only running a 44 in the front, and was looking for an excuse to upgrade bigger. Excuse found! Haha

I even wanted to give it a try, but we decide that Steve left some bad juju on the rocks, and that we should skip that one for now.

Hey Gavin,
Thanks for putting this weekend together. I had an awesome time today!

David

That's good to hear! It sounds like there are a lot more local guys in our area. Hopefully we can get on a regular basis of some kind, and talk some of them into coming with us.

I'd also love to go down to central Oregon for a weekend run of some kind. I hear they have some fun areas down there to explore.

That's good to hear! It sounds like there are a lot more local guys in our area. Hopefully we can get on a regular basis of some kind, and talk some of them into coming with us.

I'd also love to go down to central Oregon for a weekend run of some kind. I hear they have some fun areas down there to explore.

I'm hoping to discover a few after the move!

I even wanted to give it a try, but we decide that Steve left some bad juju on the rocks, and that we should skip that one for now.

I have been on that trail when both the other rigs with me broke axles.

One had the front locked, so he just drove the rest in 3 wheel drive, and the other had a posi in the front, so I basically towed him out since he only had 2wd. It can get intense in there.

I have been on that trail when both the other rigs with me broke axles.

One had the front locked, so he just drove the rest in 3 wheel drive, and the other had a posi in the front, so I basically towed him out since he only had 2wd. It can get intense in there.

Steve has that spooled rear end. And did amazing. He did all of archers and rock up hill in 2wd. And kept a smile on his face the whole time.

It might be a bit much for me, but I wanna give it a go next time.

I think you guys were right behind us on Firebreak 5, I was in the white YJ with the 2 Land Rovers. I think it was one of you guys that picked up my cooler on the hill climb, thanks again!

Thank you Gavin for putting the run together, I had a great time once again with you and Dave. Thanks for pulling me off that rock! I'm really hoping I can make it on the 11th.

I think you guys were right behind us on Firebreak 5, I was in the white YJ with the 2 Land Rovers. I think it was one of you guys that picked up my cooler on the hill climb, thanks again!

Yup! That was us! Gives a new meaning to "losing your lunch"
We'd love to have you run with us next time if you want. We have a run on April 11th.

Thank you Gavin for putting the run together, I had a great time once again with you and Dave. Thanks for pulling me off that rock! I'm really hoping I can make it on the 11th.

I agree, we always have a good time. You're welcome, but I still owe you more more tow to get square with ya.
Have you pulled things apart? What all ended up getting damaged?

Haven't pulled it apart yet, but I decided to wuss out and just buy rcv's for now. So a new ball joint, and axles should do it. I think the knuckle lived. Everything should be here tomorrow. I should be up and running by the weekend.

I didn't know you were a wayalifer! Glad to meet you! You should absolutely join us on future runs!

Yup! That was us! Gives a new meaning to "losing your lunch"
We'd love to have you run with us next time if you want. We have a run on April 11th.

I was looking at that run, gotta see if there's anything planned with the girlfriend first but I'll let you know.

I didn't know you were a wayalifer! Glad to meet you! You should absolutely join us on future runs!

Yep! I joined up a little before the JKX when I met Eddie. Dad and I were lucky to lead them around, I was the one that broke the bad news during the night run that they weren't in first place. That was an awesome time!

I was looking at that run, gotta see if there's anything planned with the girlfriend first but I'll let you know.

Yep! I joined up a little before the JKX when I met Eddie. Dad and I were lucky to lead them around, I was the one that broke the bad news during the night run that they weren't in first place. That was an awesome time!

Dang, you're practically famous! "The guy that lost his lunch"
And
"The guy that told eddie he wasn't in fora place". !! Haha

That's awesome, glad you made it onto the site.

Top Bottom