JKUR 2014 over heating or coolant

Help I have a 2014 jk with 4:56 gears 35/18/12.5 tires and a winch.. never had the temp go past 198 till now 240 WOW has this happens to anyone dealer said its normal I called Chrysler of North America and the said its not what gives

Help I have a 2014 jk with 4:56 gears 35/18/12.5 tires and a winch.. never had the temp go past 198 till now 240 WOW has this happens to anyone dealer said its normal I called Chrysler of North America and the said its not what gives

240 is too hot. Did it happen in 'stop and go' traffic or on highway? If stop and go, probably an airflow or fan issue. If on the highway, likely a thermostat but could be other things too.

2014 jk hitting 240 temp

Help I have a 2014 jk.. Got it new and did the add on's.... 4:56 gears 35 inch tires and a 3 1/2 inch lift and a winch..for the past two years never had a problem with the team always stood at 198... Till a few days ago it shot up to 240 then stays at 220-266 while driving at 70 mph...called Chrysler of North America they said its not normal... But the dealer said it is... What gives

If I get on it pulling out into traffic it shoots right up then it stays at about 200 even on days that's 60 degrees and cool out .. At 70mph it stays at 220 -225 ... Coolest is full and I just changed out the air filter

I've read other post and everyone says that the dealer said it norm I'm taking it in over the weekend they said they'll have to stay with it a few days 🤔

I have a Sport so my gauges does not read actual temps so I don't know exactly how high mine actually gets to. I had regularly seen the gauge get to the 3/4 mark but only for a short amount of time. This happened when climbing long hills (I-70 through CO nearly made me shit my drawers first time through but I worried needlessly) or low speed high outside temp's it happened as well. I think these 3.6's just run hot in the Jeeps. I've never had the gauge go past the 3/4 mark, even in CO.
I recently installed the Smittybilt 10A hood and surprisingly, since then I have not had the gauge go all the way to the 3/4 mark. It stays between the half & 3/4 lines now.

Buy a laser temp gun and shine it right on the head before the thermostat outlet. That will give you a more accurate idea of what your actual temperature is.

Funny I was going to post something similar to this the other day. Coming back from California, near Baker, my temp kicked up higher than normal about 3/4 gauge, but I turned the a/c down a notch and tapped the cruise control down and t he temp decreased. Problem solved!

In the two years I've had it,,the temp always stood at 198...even with the upgrade gears tires ect.. But 235-240 is too high even when it's 55degs outside.. I'm afraid to tow or go off road

Over flow is fine and never had that problem taking it off road..ill have to wait and see what the dealer says

Water pump bearings could also be going out or thermostat could not be opening all the way. Sounds more like the thermostat issue to me.

Mine went out at 1000 miles replaced it along with a leaking housing and no issues sense. I also have a 2014

My 2014 JKUR was overheating last week, but not terribly, it would get up to 240 for a moment but spent most of its time from 225-235. Obviously I didn't drive it far and began searching for the problem.

Replaced the thermostat and its housing, even though the housing was intact and there was no sign of leakage. This did not fix the problem but made it significantly worse as it would now overheat much quicker.

AnvilJK (Jeff) weighed in and thought I should bleed the system of air which was a really good idea. Had to bleed it 4 times before it would run without passing 218-220F. Each bleed of the radiator was long and really seemed like it got all the air out but I had to keep repeating until the system didn't run hot anymore.

Really glad it was only a $30 part and about two gallons of coolant to fix.

Going home to try bleeding it out...then taking the winch off in case the dealer says that the problem I'm sure they will use any BS not to look into it..

About a month ago, my 2015 JKU started running at 230-250. When I got home, I found the collant reservoir was empty. Rather than just filling it back up, I took it to the dealership. The bleeder valve was broken and they replaced it with the thermostat (under warranty). Now it's running 197-202 again.

[They didn't comment on my CAI.]

Top Bottom