(Insert Cool Jeep Name Here) Build/Wishlist.

I've looked at it, and it looks great. I just think that for me personally, the MetalCloak GameChanger is the lift that does everything I want it to for he price I want it to.

I guess I should also update my OP. I've decided on the 4.5" with Hi Steer kit, specifically because the 3.5" kit and the Hi Steer separately are the same price as the 4.5" kit that includes the Hi Steer.

Make sure to add in the cost of front and rear driveshafts. On a two door you won't be able to get out of that one pushing 4.5"s of lift

Also, if you get the gimmicky 6 pack shocks, make sure to add the cost of rebuilding them constantly due to leaks...

Make sure to add in the cost of front and rear driveshafts. On a two door you won't be able to get out of that one pushing 4.5"s of lift

Already planning on it. Thanks though!

Also, if you get the gimmicky 6 pack shocks, make sure to add the cost of rebuilding them constantly due to leaks...

That's why I'm very hesitant to even consider them. I'll either go 6Paks upfront and just deal with the leaks/extra maintenance, or go for something like the Rocksports or some Ranchos initially and eventually move on to coil overs. Much later...lol.

Already planning on it. Thanks though!

That's why I'm very hesitant to even consider them. I'll either go 6Paks upfront and just deal with the leaks/extra maintenance, or go for something like the Rocksports or some Ranchos initially and eventually move on to coil overs. Much later...lol.

I really think you would be happy with the Ranchos or something similar. For the premium you are going to pay, I don't feel it is worth it. For that kind of money ($1900 bucks for shocks alone) I would get the king 2.5 with the adjustable compression. You can dial it in to feel just like you want, and it is a quality part that will handle most anything I expect you would throw at it.

The Rancho / rocksports are like $300-$350 out the door for 4, so we are talking 2 different worlds here...

I really think you would be happy with the Ranchos or something similar. For the premium you are going to pay, I don't feel it is worth it. For that kind of money ($1900 bucks for shocks alone) I would get the king 2.5 with the adjustable compression. You can dial it in to feel just like you want, and it is a quality part that will handle most anything I expect you would throw at it.

The Rancho / rocksports are like $300-$350 out the door for 4, so we are talking 2 different worlds here...

Oh I know it's completely opposite ends of the spectrum. I should've explained better.
Basically I'm looking at two scenarios in my head.
A) get 6Paks, don't get coil overs in the future.
B) get rocksports/Ranchos/fox/etc. and get coil overs in the future.

I'm a spend money once kinda guy, so knowing how much more that coil overs are, I'm hesitant to buy one set of shocks only to switch to another set (albeit a much better set in coil overs) down the road. That feels like $350 down the toilet to me. This is the ONLY reason I'm even considering the 6Paks. I would get them right off the bat and not upgrade in the future, only rebuild and fix leaks. I hope that makes sense.

Oh I know it's completely opposite ends of the spectrum. I should've explained better.
Basically I'm looking at two scenarios in my head.
A) get 6Paks, don't get coil overs in the future.
B) get rocksports/Ranchos/fox/etc. and get coil overs in the future.

I'm a spend money once kinda guy, so knowing how much more that coil overs are, I'm hesitant to buy one set of shocks only to switch to another set (albeit a much better set in coil overs) down the road. That feels like $350 down the toilet to me. This is the ONLY reason I'm even considering the 6Paks. I would get them right off the bat and not upgrade in the future, only rebuild and fix leaks. I hope that makes sense.

I understand what you are saying, but am still miffed on buying the 6packs over an adjustable King 2.5. But, it's your jeep and that is why they are all different, it's a personal choice.

I understand what you are saying, but am still miffed on buying the 6packs over an adjustable King 2.5. But, it's your jeep and that is why they are all different, it's a personal choice.

To be honest, I'm all ears when it comes to shocks. I know next to nothing about them and haven't really taken the time to research. I guess what I should say is "really nice shocks" instead of 6Paks. I'm not set on them at all, they're just the shocks I've seen the most about because I've done a lot of research on the GameChanger and they're very frequently paired with it for obvious reasons. ;)

If you have a recommendation for some specific King shocks, feel free to let it be known. I tried navigating their website at work and half of the stuff doesn't load because government internet is horrible.

To be honest, I'm all ears when it comes to shocks. I know next to nothing about them and haven't really taken the time to research. I guess what I should say is "really nice shocks" instead of 6Paks. I'm not set on them at all, they're just the shocks I've seen the most about because I've done a lot of research on the GameChanger and they're very frequently paired with it for obvious reasons. ;)

If you have a recommendation for some specific King shocks, feel free to let it be known. I tried navigating their website at work and half of the stuff doesn't load because government internet is horrible.

People on here who's opinion I respect run the King 2.5's with compression adjusters, which can be had for around $1850. A great big body shock that has been proven, looks great, and is adjustable.

People on here who's opinion I respect run the King 2.5's with compression adjusters, which can be had for around $1850. A great big body shock that has been proven, looks great, and is adjustable.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into them. For around the same price, seems like no comparison.

I'm just trying to figure out your build, but it's probably best I don't.

You have a 2 door that you want to raise 4.5"s, which is little tall on 37's if that's your end goal.

You also have a Sahara which means you have a D30 up front. So that either means you'll be "that guy" running around with 4.5"s of lift on nothing bigger than 35's, or you'll be "that guy" rollin around with 37's on a D30..

And your ok with rebuilding gimmicky shocks

It's your money, your build..

I'm just trying to figure out your build, but it's probably best I don't.

You have a 2 door that you want to raise 4.5"s, which is little tall on 37's if that's your end goal.

You also have a Sahara which means you have a D30 up front. So that either means you'll be "that guy" running around with 4.5"s of lift on nothing bigger than 35's, or you'll be "that guy" rollin around with 37's on a D30..

And your ok with rebuilding gimmicky shocks

It's your money, your build..

If you read my entire OP, it says that I plan to upgrade to a PR44. 37s aren't my end goal, they're my first step on the road to 40s.

If you read the entire conversation with swampdog, you'd see that 6Paks were never a serious consideration, but rather more of a placeholder for me in my mind as I'm trying to plan. They were mentioned frequently in my lift research, so I considered them briefly.

I'm happy to take constructive criticism and helpful suggestions, but if you're just gonna bash my ideas without offering any help at all, then I'd appreciate it if you just didn't comment. Yes it's my build and my money, but I've repeatedly said, and even shown, that I'm all ears when it comes to suggestions, so either suggest a fix for whatever issue you see in my plans, or just don't come back. Thanks! :beer:

You said you wanted to end up with coilovers if I remember correctly? You want to eventually go 37/40" tires. And you would rather make the right purchase first.

I am suggesting that you spend $4000 on the EVO enforcer pro setup mainly for adjustability.

You can adjust ride height from 3-5 inches to accommodate for whatever tire you plan on in the future, while in the mean time you can set them at 3" and keep your COG lower. They are a fantastic setup with tons of support from this forum also.

You said you wanted to end up with coilovers if I remember correctly? You want to eventually go 37/40" tires. And you would rather make the right purchase first.

I am suggesting that you spend $4000 on the EVO enforcer pro setup mainly for adjustability.

You can adjust ride height from 3-5 inches to accommodate for whatever tire you plan on in the future, while in the mean time you can set them at 3" and keep your COG lower. They are a fantastic setup with tons of support from this forum also.

Cam, he does have a point here, between the MC lift and the King 2.5s, you are at 4 grand, when for the same 4 grand you can get the EVO enforcer pro that has the coilovers that you want and all required hardware / components to run them. IF, and that a big IF, you have done the research and are she h coilovers are the right decision for you, this makes more sense. But, for some people / situations, the coilovers aren't the right choice.

I am thinking coilovers in the distant future, IF I'm not pleased with the GameChanger lift and conventional shocks. I fully expect to be satisfied with the conventional shocks, mainly because this is still going to be a DD, and I don't plan on doing crazy stuff. That means that it would be $4k vs. $1850, which is a no brainer.

Top Bottom