I am leaving this forum at this time

Brute

Hooked
Social media is a double edged sword…

I’ve never been a big proponent of it…while I never had Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Toc, Twitter and the like, I did have for a short time Facebook, mostly to stay in touch with my sister that moved to the mainland from Hawaii. I decided to leave Facebook when it became too political for my taste.

It is for the same reason I left Facebook that I am leaving this forum at this time. In my opinion, the forum has become more focused on politics than the very reason I joined nearly nine years ago, which was wheeling, camping and the Way Of Life associated with off-roading…not the increased intolerance of other viewpoints.

I’ve made many friends here, and many that I include in my circle of friends to this very moment. I wish everyone the very best that life has to offer…and especially to Eddie, Cindy (and Ripley)…Live Long And Prosper.

Originally posted here https://www.wayalife.com/threads/how-social-media-ruined-it-all.66925/

Last edited by a moderator:
It is for the same reason I left Facebook that I am leaving this forum at this time. In my opinion, the forum has become more focused on politics than the very reason I joined nearly nine years ago, which was wheeling, camping and the Way Of Life associated with off-roading…not the increased intolerance of other viewpoints.
With the way this country is going to shit, good luck finding a group that doesn't talk about it. At least people that care about this country and want it back. But I'm sure there are groups out there happy, content, and ignorant of the issues and just pretend they don't exist. Who knows.

1000001996.jpg

I’ve never been a big proponent of it…while I never had Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Toc, Twitter and the like, I did have for a short time Facebook, mostly to stay in touch with my sister that moved to the mainland from Hawaii. I decided to leave Facebook when it became too political for my taste.

I’ve made many friends here, and many that I include in my circle of friends to this very moment. I wish everyone the very best that life has to offer…and especially to Eddie, Cindy (and Ripley)…Live Long And Prosper.
lol is this serious?

Uhhh alright, later brah.

IMG_7184.gif

Bummer, sorry to see you go, Ed.

Damn brute, if you don't want to do burnouts for us just say so. Seriously though, I think you and I come from two different walks of life so I was always interested to hear your take on things. Sorry to see you go. Aloha

The forum will be a colder and darker place without you. 😞

There will be far fewer photos posted in exotic locations, and especially about fine dining.

Originally posted here https://www.wayalife.com/threads/how-social-media-ruined-it-all.66925/
Bummed to see this. I enjoy the vast different walks of life and stark difference of opinion that gets hashed out on forums. To me it’s not hate filled or intolerance, and I couldn’t imagine how boring life would be if everyone agreed with me. I want to learn and see others point of view. Always. No matter how much I disagree, it’s still just an exercise in seeing someone else’s viewpoint. And an exercise of my discipline to keep my shit together to not get fired up over something I’ve read online.

The cooking and fishing threads are going to be a whole lot quieter now. If you see this. I’m still down for that fly fishing trip!!

Bummed to see this. I enjoy the vast different walks of life and stark difference of opinion that gets hashed out on forums. To me it’s not hate filled or intolerance, and I couldn’t imagine how boring life would be if everyone agreed with me. I want to learn and see others point of view. Always. No matter how much I disagree, it’s still just an exercise in seeing someone else’s viewpoint. And an exercise of my discipline to keep my shit together to not get fired up over something I’ve read online.

The cooking and fishing threads are going to be a whole lot quieter now. If you see this. I’m still down for that fly fishing trip!!
Well said Dan.

This is the way.👍

As in your country, the same thing is happening in Canada. Political/economic/racial/and regional divisions are promoted by the federal government. The country is imploding. It's difficult to ignore political issues, when you're living in the consequences of bad politicians. Hope you find some peace and relief in your future endeavours . . .

Sorry to hear you are leaving. I truly hope it’s only temporary. I for one will definitely miss the incredible food pictures as well as beautiful scenery and commentary. Best to you in all endeavors.
Scott

The forum will be a colder and darker place without you. 😞

There will be far fewer photos posted in exotic locations, and especially about fine dining.

Bob you drive me nuts occasionally, ok, more than occasionally, but I'm with you here.

As in your country, the same thing is happening in Canada. Political/economic/racial/and regional divisions are promoted by the federal government. The country is imploding. It's difficult to ignore political issues, when you're living in the consequences of bad politicians. Hope you find some peace and relief in your future endeavours . . .

Division is the goal. Sadly it's succeeding everywhere

Can't add anything to this

Brother you are so right on. I think Canada is a little further along than we are but we’re catching up.

Yea I second this.

I didn’t really feel like chiming in on the original post, but it’s worth mentioning that I personally have never felt anything on WAYALIFE was ‘intolerant.’ In fact, quite the opposite.

Free speech (without threatening physical violence, or showing everyone your balls on your camping trip in your renegade) is strongly encouraged and very much tolerated.

Difference of opinion is good, and all in good fun.

And the jeep / outdoor content here is hands-down the best. That is the content that we all have in common.

@Brute, your contributions to that content are great. Thanks for the good stuff I’ve seen over the past few years.

Yea I second this.

I didn’t really feel like chiming in on the original post, but it’s worth mentioning that I personally have never felt anything on WAYALIFE was ‘intolerant.’ In fact, quite the opposite.

Free speech (without threatening physical violence, or showing everyone your balls on your camping trip in your renegade) is strongly encouraged and very much tolerated.

Difference of opinion is good, and all in good fun.

And the jeep / outdoor content here is hands-down the best. That is the content that we all have in common.

@Brute, your contributions to that content are great. Thanks for the good stuff I’ve seen over the past few years.
With these here.

In all seriousness Ed your contributions will indefinitely be missed and I hope you understand that it was never our intention to be divisive and that while different opinions will find their way into every internet forum, we would all welcome yours as well. Jeep related or not - because we all (or most of us at least lol) who take the time to engage here rather than on all the other braindead social media sites are intelligent enough to accept and engage in varying conversation.

I'm glad I've been able to meet you in person as well and hope you live a long and prosperous life as well in which you play a lot of blues guitar, eat great food, and travel the world. If you choose to return I'm sure we'd accept it as well.

At least we have real bacon though ;)

Top Bottom