How cold is it where you are?

It is a balmy 5 degrees ambient in Omaha this morning and feels like -8. It didn't feel that bad, though, when I was out in the driveway trying to put on my new Rough Country seat covers while the Jeep warmed up! Sunday they are suggesting our temp may drop to -27 AMBIENT temperature in the morning! Yikes!

This morning it’s a tad bit chilly.
View attachment 359363

-14 but feels like -30 🥶

The high today is -9

My wife and I were thinking of driving up to Missoula to fish the Bitterroot, then drive to Bozeman around this time to visit friends...he sent me a text saying it was -1 degrees out...kinda glad we decided to postpone the trip...

After living in Hawaii for over 40 years, I am becoming more acclimated to the cold...but below zero is really effing cold...

My wife and I were thinking of driving up to Missoula to fish the Bitterroot, then drive to Bozeman around this time to visit friends...he sent me a text saying it was -1 degrees out...kinda glad we decided to postpone the trip...

After living in Hawaii for over 40 years, I am becoming more acclimated to the cold...but below zero is really effing cold...

I wonder how much colder it actually feels the colder it gets or is it actually just how quicker you’d get frostbite. To me working in it, there doesn’t seem to be colder than effing cold

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was certainly a good idea to postpone the trip lol it was a rather warm winter till about a week or so ago.

Let me know when you’re in the area!

I wonder how much colder it actually feels the colder it gets or is it actually just how quicker you’d get frostbite. To me working in it, there doesn’t seem to be colder than effing cold

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s feels noticeably colder today 🥶 I had a little frostnip this evening.

Enjoy the shorts weather! Oddly, it’ll be a little warmer where I work in Big Sky today. My huskies are absolutely loving this weather!

I bet. My brother lived in Power for awhile and it was hard to believe how cold it gets up there. I grew up in Eastern Washington so I’m accustomed to the cold (at least I used to be). I sure miss the days of just putting my beer in the garage or on the front porch to keep it cold.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Wife woke me up about 4am to tell me the electric is off and its at least -9 out. I got up and got the oldest form of heat going. Its actually been nice just sitting here watching the fire while holding the baby, just wish I could get the GD coffee going! I think I'm going to leverage this situation and try to buy generator.

Attachments

• 20210212_061818.jpg
    20210212_061818.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 75
Wife woke me up about 4am to tell me the electric is off and its at least -9 out. I got up and got the oldest form of heat going. Its actually been nice just sitting here watching the fire while holding the baby, just wish I could get the GD coffee going! I think I'm going to leverage this situation and try to buy generator.

I’m sorry to hear that you were out of power! That’s the worst day that could’ve happened [emoji51] how is your wife and baby?! Congratulations!

I’m sorry to hear that you were out of power! That’s the worst day that could’ve happened [emoji51] how is your wife and baby?! Congratulations!

I've been constantly keeping a fresh log on the fire so its actually getting really toasty in the living room. I feel bad for a lot of my neighbors who don't have a wood burning stove right now. Wife and baby are great, Ill text you some pictures.

Hope the power is back on for ya soon! Glad you could start a fire to help stay warm!
I know exactly how you feel holdin that baby. Im sure enjoying ours.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

A little Honda generator wouldn't be a bad idea.

As for coffee, I have a jetboil I use for camping which would come in handy for times when there is no power. You could always go old school and use a pot on the stove to heat up water. Where there's a will, there's a way...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

A little Honda generator wouldn't be a bad idea.

As for coffee, I have a jetboil I use for camping which would come in handy for times when there is no power. You could always go old school and use a pot on the stove to heat up water. Where there's a will, there's a way...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
If I wasn't so spoiled with the nespresso coffee pods I would've done that. That little expensive machine has been pissing me off anyways though. I already put an order with black rife coffee and going back to the French press. My wife and I use the Kelly Kettle when we're camping.

If I wasn't so spoiled with the nespresso coffee pods I would've done that. That little expensive machine has been pissing me off anyways though. I already put an order with black rife coffee and going back to the French press. My wife and I use the Kelly Kettle when we're camping.

You can’t beat BRCC and a French press

Chilly...

How’s the new job working out?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

The new job is great! Definitely more enjoyable than stocking sheetrock! I’ve worked in 3 different neighborhoods so far, they have 6 or 7 completely different neighborhoods spanning the 15,000 acre club. Thanks for asking!

The new job is great! Definitely more enjoyable than stocking sheetrock! I’ve worked in 3 different neighborhoods so far, they have 6 or 7 completely different neighborhoods spanning the 15,000 acre club. Thanks for asking!

Some truly amazing homes out there. That’s awesome that it’s going well!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom