Hinrichs 2.0

Bend wasn't too bad but I totally get why you sent it back. Hopefully the next one comes in good shape.

If it wasnt powder coated I would have hammered it flat and dealt with it. I actually did step on it a little and flattened it out but I couldnt get it any better without hammer work.

Just got my tracking for the replacement, sucks cuz I was really hoping to install it this weekend.

Last edited:
Looks like I will be taking a few days off next week to get ready for this trip, louver comes monday or tuesday I think, and should have the axle seals around the same time. So excited to do those :grayno:

Looks like I will be taking a few days off next week to get ready for this trip, louver comes monday or tuesday I think, and should have the axle seals around the same time. So excited to do those :grayno:

I'm taking off Thursday and Friday next week. If you've still got work to do on Friday I can make my way out early give you a hand.

Cover up your windshield before sending sparks into it. I forgot to.... and now I need a new windshield. :grayno:

I will be taking the hood off, or using one of my spares that I have in the basement.

What are you going to use to cut the metal? Sawzall or Jig/Skil saw?

Death wheel is what ill be using since you only cut the first layer and not any of the support structure underneath. I was thinking about picking up the electric metal shears but dont think it would work like I think it would for this project....and I dont really do enough sheet metal work to make that purchase make sense.

Well it's installed, really not hard, worst part is putting all the bolts in. I used my spare hood so I'm back to rubicon stickers as well to change it up a little.

IMG_8982.jpg
IMG_8980.jpg
IMG_8983.jpg
IMG_8985.jpg
IMG_8987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom