Hiking. Day, Thru, Section, Ultralight to Traditional

Here are a few shots of some trips I took into the Ansel Adams Wilderness a few years back. My son Jakob got some great pictures of the back country.

Beautiful pics.

It was at this point I realized I should read up on Snakes... [emoji15]

Looks like some kind of rattlesnake. I don't know of any other poisonous snakes in that area. Based on the head shape, it definitely looks poisonous.

Looks like some kind of rattlesnake. I don't know of any other poisonous snakes in that area. Based on the head shape, it definitely looks poisonous.

I think it was too.... we immediately froze and I wasn’t exactly sure what to do... so from about 12’ away I hit it with a small rock and it turned around and slithered down the mountain into the brush... with it’s tail facing me, I could see a tiny rattler. Kind of scary. We stayed in tighter formation after that.

Just got back from a 4 day backpacking trip! First in a long time! Went to Mirror Lake in the Spanish PeaksImage1531092885.980438.jpgImage1531092907.161795.jpgImage1531092964.740169.jpgImage1531093112.042443.jpg
Nice thing was, the trailhead was only 30 minutes from our house!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Zion National Park

I just hiked Angels Landing with my boys on the 1st day:

IMG_5239.JPG

Then 2nd & 3rd day we hike the Narrows Top Down overnighter 16 mile trek. Was awesome!

IMG_1290.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just got back from a 4 day backpacking trip! First in a long time! Went to Mirror Lake in the Spanish Peaks

Nice thing was, the trailhead was only 30 minutes from our house!

Zion National Park

I just hiked Angels Landing with my boys on the 1st day:

Then 2nd & 3rd day we hike the Narrows Top Down overnighter 16 mile trek. Was awesome

Awesome hiking photos!

Top Bottom