Hi all,, I just installed my new intake system

Just beware, CAIs allow a LOT of dirt to get into your engine and Jeep will NOT warranty your engine when the rings go bad. They won't even do it with a dealership installed Mopar one. This is not an opinion but fact and based on what I have personally seen.

Which is wasted. The air/fuel mapping only allows like 10% either side of factory optimal.

For a CAI to do any good, you have to also increase exhaust size, throttle body size, and of course reprogram the PCM.
You are correct, about needing the exhaust, throttle body and reprogram the pcm dune, but I got it mainly for the bigger air filter and that I just need to clean it and put it back in, no more need to buy filters

The Banks intake system allows more air into your intake then factory and a reusable filter
Gotcha! So have you noticed an increase in performance? Better gas mileage? Just wondering why you think your Banks cai is great beyond the claims they make.

I've never been sold on CAI systems on stock engines and exhaust systems. Just a lot of hype in my opinion. You can buy a lot of air filters for what they cost.

Gotcha! So have you noticed an increase in performance? Better gas mileage? Just wondering why you think your Banks cai is great beyond the claims they make.

I've never been sold on CAI systems on stock engines and exhaust systems. Just a lot of hype in my opinion. You can buy a lot of air filters for what they cost.
I have raced & worked on high-performance engines for nearly 40 years more air flow is always a good thing, better mileage, performance & never needing to replace the filter will out way the cost by far if you are going to keep you vehicle for a long time
Yes, you are right, if you are only going to just keep you vehicles for a short time and trade it in on a new model then it probably not for you

I have raced & worked on high-performance engines for nearly 40 years more air flow is always a good thing, better mileage, performance & never needing to replace the filter will out way the cost by far if you are going to keep you vehicle for a long time
Yes, you are right, if you are only going to just keep you vehicles for a short time and trade it in on a new model then it probably not for you
I change my filter every 10-15k miles depending on where we drive and condition. They are $15 a piece. I could buy 23 air filters or drive 275k miles before your banks intake would be paid off. Your logic is not there.

I change my filter every 10-15k miles depending on where we drive and condition. They are $15 a piece. I could buy 23 air filters or drive 275k miles before your banks intake would be paid off. Your logic is not there.
All i can say to your answer is that it’s your truck so do what you think is right and I will do what I know is right

I was in high school when I bought my Jeep so you know damn well a K&N CAI went in there with me thinking it did shit. News flash, it doesn’t and only threw on a P0113 code (high air intake temp) and piled dirt onto (on top of getting caked in dust so fast when out wheeling) the intake manifold flap.

All hype no matter the brand - sure it may do this or that for other vehicles, but is beneficial in no way to a Jeep that’s meant to go slow off-road.

I was in high school when I bought my Jeep so you know damn well a K&N CAI went in there with me thinking it did shit. News flash, it doesn’t and only threw on a P0113 code (high air intake temp) and piled dirt onto (on top of getting caked in dust so fast when out wheeling) the intake manifold flap.

All hype no matter the brand - sure it may do this or that for other vehicles, but is beneficial in no way to a Jeep that’s meant to go slow off-road.
I built mud race trucks, in the 70-90 and always had a oversized air filter, and yes everything got covered with mud but if you mount it probably it will do the job it was made for

I built mud race trucks, in the 70-90 and always had a oversized air filter, and yes everything got covered with mud but if you mount it probably it will do the job it was made for
There you go! Your jeep is designed specifically for mud! So only drive it when the ground is wet and muddy (i.e. no dust)! This is a wise plan!

You guys like to put big tires on the Jeep and run then over rucks but not help your engine to breathe better to turn those tires, don’t get me wrong, I am put 37’s on my truck and going to be putting a trailer with it. So I would like the engine to work to it best potential more air flow will help the engine to do the job I am going to be using it for, rock crawling and running in mud as well
You can keep you jeep breathing through a small tube it you like, I know the better the airflow the better the engine will work

Top Bottom