Help with a price tag on my 2015 jk wanting a new houses

I may have misunderstood, but you said it has a rubicon rear 44 with 5:13s but nothing done to the front axle? If so, you're probably going to have a hard time selling a 4x4 to someone who cant use it until after they buy it and put new gears in it. If i misunderstood that, i would put it around 45k.

If you get $50K plus for it let me know where, because I'm selling mine next. :thumb:

Take your high blue book, add 50% of the retail price of the parts, nothing for the labor, and you would end up at what I consider to be a reasonable price. Probably about $35k or so for the Jeep and another $10k for the aftermarket stuff.

Sure, you can find the right buyer willing to pay whatever, but I personally think $55-60k is way too high for a Sport with those parts.

Thank you Sharkey
Appreciate the feedback

If you get $50K plus for it let me know where, because I'm selling mine next. :thumb:

Thanks.
The reason I originally post this is there are dealers here in so cal buying up used jk and lifting them, wheels, tires, bumpers and listing for double blue book and they are selling them.

I may have misunderstood, but you said it has a rubicon rear 44 with 5:13s but nothing done to the front axle? If so, you're probably going to have a hard time selling a 4x4 to someone who cant use it until after they buy it and put new gears in it. If i misunderstood that, i would put it around 45k.

I have the axle not installed

Thanks.
The reason I originally post this is there are dealers here in so cal buying up used jk and lifting them, wheels, tires, bumpers and listing for double blue book and they are selling them.

The biggest hurdle you have is the banks will finance close to 100% of the dealer rigs with the extras as opposed to a third party sale. Selling yours privately, banks will only finance high blue book at the most.

I agree...unless someone has extra $ getting approved for that much will be tough. Depending on credit some companies will finance 120% of loan to value. I picked up my 13 JKU sport, 20k miles & with 20k in mods and paid 32k for it. It was an online build called "Project Sgt. Rocker". So, personally I think it is too high..but if you advertise it right who knows.

Tough call for sure on the price but I think sharkey nailed it. I do agree with what you are saying tho with all these dealers (im sure its the same east vs west) throwing on the standard bumpers, shit lift, and tires/wheel package and selling them for 10k more than they are worth. I just laugh when I see what they think all those parts cost when they show it on the sticker.

Top Bottom