Help with a price tag on my 2015 jk wanting a new houses

filterbiz

Hi guys
I'm looking for some help advice only I am not selling my jeep on the forum
Simply want to know what I should list it for
Need your advice

I want a new house and would need to sell my jeep for the additional down payment

I have a 2015 jk sport
I bought sport because I was going to do axles yada yada yada

It has 14k miles on it and is not a daily driver because we have other cars.

Here are a list of things done to it

King 2.5 coilovers with adjusters
King bump stops all 4 corners
Method wheels
37" good year kevlars
Crawler concepts front bumper
Crawler concepts rear bumper
Crawler concepts body mount spare tire carrier
Sliders
Tera front track bar
Inland drive line drive shaft
Anti rock sway bars
9500 lbs winch
CB
Race radio
Prob a few other things I am missing

The thing works Bitchin and is super fun over whoops and fun as hell on the rocks
I have a trussed rear rubicon axle for it 5:13 gears

Nothing for the front axle yet
Drives perfect usually drive it to work 1-2 times a week but use it mostly in glamis for my 1 year old to enjoy with my wife and tow behind motorhome

I would like to get 55-60k
Do you think that is a fair price

Again this is a question
I am not trying to sell my jeep on the forum

What are your opinions on listing it for that?
Thanks in advanceImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457501466.620425.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457501510.073316.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457501556.132200.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457501576.962337.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457501603.584038.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457501618.955880.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'm not an expert in selling cars, but if I can pass on some advice, it'll be that the mods you have will only be of value to the right buyer. It might take you some time, but if/when the right buyer comes along you'll get the value of the JKU plus some(but not all) of what the mods are worth. If you are looking to sell it in a hurry, I doubt you'll get near what you are asking for, mostly due to having to settle with a buyer that doesn't understand the value of the parts invested.

With my last JK sale, I was only able to sell it for about 4K over book value. And I would have called it mildly modified with about 4K into it, so I walked away somewhat even(give or take).

Just be patient, good luck with the sale, and sorry about my rambling. (Night shift)

Id list it at 55 OBO. Hell the dealerships have soft top sports on 35's in the high 40's and some hitting the low 50's.

Well, I'm not an expert in selling cars, but if I can pass on some advice, it'll be that the mods you have will only be of value to the right buyer. It might take you some time, but if/when the right buyer comes along you'll get the value of the JKU plus some(but not all) of what the mods are worth. If you are looking to sell it in a hurry, I doubt you'll get near what you are asking for, mostly due to having to settle with a buyer that doesn't understand the value of the parts invested.

With my last JK sale, I was only able to sell it for about 4K over book value. And I would have called it mildly modified with about 4K into it, so I walked away somewhat even(give or take).

Just be patient, good luck with the sale, and sorry about my rambling. (Night shift)

Kind of what I though
Not really in a hurry
Thx for advice

Kind of what I though
Not really in a hurry
Thx for advice

That's the best way to be when buying/selling. I find when I'm inpatient, that's when I get screwed over most by the dealer on a trade in. :)

Good luck with the house purchase as well!

Thanks man
Wife want something nicer
Made some offers but now she wants even nicer and that would require digging deeper and that means the jeep
Haha

Welcome?
Dude I've been on here for a while

Can you read
I'm looking for advice for a price to list locally
That's it

Here for 62 posts and it's time to sell. Looking for some advice while advertising it to everyone on this site?? I call BS.

It'll be OK when you decide to tell the truth. I'm saving my money for a real coilover system.

Dude
Truth? I am simply asking
I may not even sell it. I don't really want to
But I don't want to list it to low but it's also not made of gold.

Let me guess you are buying a dtd kit
So all others are junk?

Mine isn't a kit
If you read some of my older posts I got great advice from people on this forum that actually care to help others out.

I actually ordered and had a crazy experience with rebel
So pretty much only have their front hoops now.
Built shocks myself and this was meant to be as low as possible on 37's

I get it

Last edited:
Dude
Truth? I am simply asking
I may not even sell it. I don't really want to
But I don't want to list it to low but it's also not made of gold.

Let me guess you are buying a dtd kit
So all others are junk

I get

You are simply asking in the for sale section? I think not.

Just be honest, you were fishing for interest by asking for a so called selling price.

Take your high blue book, add 50% of the retail price of the parts, nothing for the labor, and you would end up at what I consider to be a reasonable price. Probably about $35k or so for the Jeep and another $10k for the aftermarket stuff.

Sure, you can find the right buyer willing to pay whatever, but I personally think $55-60k is way too high for a Sport with those parts.

Last edited:
Take your high blue book, add 50% of the retail price of the parts, nothing for the labor, and you would end up at what I consider to be a reasonable price. Probably about $35k or so for the Jeep and another $10k for the aftermarket stuff.

Sure, you can find the right buyer willing to pay whatever, but I personally think $55-60k is way too high for a Sport with those parts.

Nailed it. You can also try to sell some of the more expensive components seperate for about 50 to 75% of original price.

Top Bottom