HELP!!! Illinois Vehicle Laws???!

A little off topic. Just wondering what the terrain is like. Are you able to do most things on 35s?

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)
Wetter than Tucson, haha. Seriously, they are usually wooded, a little tight and twisty. You'll see some short but steep climbs and some of the rocks are sharp. Mud here and there. Always a good time though. My favorite type of trails are dry creek beds with some ledges to climb up and drop off.

35's are perfect for 2 doors around here. If it's too big, I just don't do it.

Hope your​ family member gets well soon!
Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Can anybody from Illinois tell me what a Jeep is registered under? Illinois state law says that trucks must have mud flaps. So I'm trying to determine how Illinois views a Jeep. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can anybody from Illinois tell me what a Jeep is registered under? Illinois state law says that trucks must have mud flaps. So I'm trying to determine how Illinois views a Jeep. Thanks in advance

If I recall correctly you can tell by looking at the plate...

In CA it was all numbers except for the 2nd character was a letter...

In IN, I think trucks got all numbers (been a long time since I lived there, but there is some distinguishing factor clearly visible on the plate).

I would assume IL is the same way, look it up on Google, MUST be something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can register as either a truck or car. I see no advantage to register as a truck. Most register as a car. I rarely do I see a jeep with truck plates

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

You'll be fine in IL. The laws are old and no one pays attention to them unless you get pulled over for something else by an A-Hole cop. You won't be pulled over JUST for all the stuff you mentioned, Mud Flaps, Larger Tires, Stubby Bumper, Etc. If your speeding and get caught a jerk cop might start writing you up for the extra stuff.

Top Bottom