Hello from New Jersey!

Scorchio

Hello Everyone! I'm based in NJ and I'm fairly new to jeeps.

2022 Snazzberry JT Gladiator Mojave (Auto)
I use this for camping - we started with overlanding and then I built out a cargo trailer as a camper with my sons and we use it to haul that and do some trail bashing wherever we go.

Stock except for rack/lights/bumpers/winch. Had a bunch of very fun adventures with my kids in this around the Catskills and PA/VA/WV.

2013 Dozer JK 2 Door (Manual)
I got this to teach my kids how to drive stick. They didn't like it. And now I never let them drive it so it's pretty much my daily and they use my JT.

Lightly modded also - bumpers, winch, tire carrier, lights, JKS lift, AEV front relo bracket, Fox shocks, slantback soft-top, 35's. Killer mall-crawler. :)
Bit of a rusty-bucket underneath so working on cleaning that up.

Would LOVE to take it off road - just haven't because gearing is so way off and it's open diffs and mostly we have mud around here. Priority is regear (488?) -> lockers -> drive shafts -> axle shafts. Or maybe I need driveshafts first since it's lifted and 2-door? Having nearly as much fun working on it on weekends as I think I would wheeling it right now ... but now I've changed the suspension it's actually pleasant to drive on the road so I may take her out (nearest trails are ~2h and it hates highway). Not a ton of places around me to get work done so everything is DIY. I'm a bit intimidated by doing the gearing if I'm honest ...

If any of you have thoughts on my order or precedence I'd love to hear it - or anything else I should think about - maybe adjustable arms for the back?

Welcome!

If you’re sticking with 35s you’d probably want go with 4.10 or 4.56 gears, 37s 4.88 or 5.13. Also, do the lockers at the same time since the diffs are already open it’ll probably be cheaper. I think most here would say to replace the axle and drive shafts when they break unless you plan on doing some heavy wheeling.

Welcome!

If you’re sticking with 35s you’d probably want go with 4.10 or 4.56 gears, 37s 4.88 or 5.13. Also, do the lockers at the same time since the diffs are already open it’ll probably be cheaper. I think most here would say to replace the axle and drive shafts when they break unless you plan on doing some heavy wheeling.
Thanks. I think that probably is great advice.

A stick shift can be a lot of fun, especially if it has 5 or 6 speeds. The 3 speed in my low-end CJ-5 was not so great, but luckily the motor had plenty of torque. Manual transmissions are great for mountain grades.
I love it ... but with 35s on stock gearing it's pretty much a '4-out-of-6' speed ... lol. Still - better than a 3 speed, right? Gotta get that regear done so I get the other 2 back. :)

Top Bottom