Half doors....who's got 'em?

Half doors are just stupid....... With that said, as soon as my graphics/logos are done being printed and applied to my new half doors, I will post some shots.

:cheesy: No way!! Can't wait to see them installed :thumb:

:cheesy: No way!! Can't wait to see them installed :thumb:

Yes way! And truthfully you alread know, like you I prefer just running zero doors. Especially zero doors on the really hard trails we tend to end up running- 1) the weight loss does make a huge difference when you drop 4 full doors from the packing list 2) the visibilty you gain for running the hardest lines is great 3) reducing the amount of damage we may incur is a nice feature (reference: Carnage Canyon, CO, Hells Gate, AZ, Spooners, Johnson Valley)

My wife made some hints that she would be more comfortable with our pups in the back riding around if there were some type of door. So i pulled the trigger on amazon for the Rugged Ridge doors, pretty inexpensive when compared to factory doors. I thought about the Bestop doors Mel runs, but after buying the doors and the skins they were the same price as the Rugged Ridge. RR pros- they come complete, are plastic, mimic the factory doors fairly well, have an interior pocket built in, seem to be very quite with no rattles, there is room to pimp some advertisment for our friends with the stickers ;). RR cons- they fit like plastic doors so some tweaking of the hinges needed, the interior release handle hard to reach and operate (just use the outside handle).

I am currently in D.C. and will not be able to get my logos put on until next week, so I refuse to show any shots of my naked door skins :bleh:

Yes way! And truthfully you alread know, like you I prefer just running zero doors. Especially zero doors on the really hard trails we tend to end up running- 1) the weight loss does make a huge difference when you drop 4 full doors from the packing list 2) the visibilty you gain for running the hardest lines is great 3) reducing the amount of damage we may incur is a nice feature (reference: Carnage Canyon, CO, Hells Gate, AZ, Spooners, Johnson Valley)

My wife made some hints that she would be more comfortable with our pups in the back riding around if there were some type of door. So i pulled the trigger on amazon for the Rugged Ridge doors, pretty inexpensive when compared to factory doors. I thought about the Bestop doors Mel runs, but after buying the doors and the skins they were the same price as the Rugged Ridge. RR pros- they come complete, are plastic, mimic the factory doors fairly well, have an interior pocket built in, seem to be very quite with no rattles, there is room to pimp some advertisment for our friends with the stickers ;). RR cons- they fit like plastic doors so some tweaking of the hinges needed, the interior release handle hard to reach and operate (just use the outside handle).

I am currently in D.C. and will not be able to get my logos put on until next week, so I refuse to show any shots of my naked door skins :bleh:

Well, truth be told, of the two plastic half doors we've seen, Cindy and I did like the RR ones the best. But, for the above mentioned, we still prefer to run doorless. As you know, we just strap Tessa in and go. :yup: I do like how half doors do allow you to sticker up though - kinda gives you the best of both worlds.

So it's not just the Knuckles thread. It's any thread started by MTG.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

If I were you I would go with something like the rugged ridge half door, or save up a ton of cash and get OEM. I started to do the best top tubedoor then add door skins to it. However YUK, I hated the tube doors, rattle rattle rattle, really cheap crudy mirror's. Having said that you can adjust you door latch's and striker so that the best top tube door rattles less, but then if you go back to your factory door it wont fit right with out re-adjustment.. Save yourself the time and $$ experimenting on something you might not like, and just go OEM. just my humble :twocents: Just picked up my halfdoors a couple days ago.

IMG_20130411_191704_272.jpg

Literally at the mall.......crawling.

Attachments

• image-322262571.jpg
    image-322262571.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1072458065.jpg
    image-1072458065.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 188
  • image-3716009512.jpg
    image-3716009512.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 139