Guys with 37's, what's your average MPG?

I just did a week long trip, 400 miles highway, 200 miles dirt and gravel, 100 miles in 4wd low. On 37's with 4:88 and about 350lbs of camping stuff and I averaged 13.5. The next leg of the trip was just highway and gravel and after I unloaded a lot of stuff... I got around 15.5 . I have heard that after 70-80 thousand miles some of those who start loosing their mileage can gain it back with a spark plug change... which is a big job on gladiators... but if you start seeing a loss from normal and you have high miles plugs might help?

I just did a week long trip, 400 miles highway, 200 miles dirt and gravel, 100 miles in 4wd low. On 37's with 4:88 and about 350lbs of camping stuff and I averaged 13.5. The next leg of the trip was just highway and gravel and after I unloaded a lot of stuff... I got around 15.5 . I have heard that after 70-80 thousand miles some of those who start loosing their mileage can gain it back with a spark plug change... which is a big job on gladiators... but if you start seeing a loss from normal and you have high miles plugs might help?
Where do you do 100 miles of 4 low?

On 4.88:
At 45 mph I’m like 22 (most of my in town driving)
At 55 mph I have driveline vibrations so I can’t drive 55!
At 65 mph I’m like 17
At 75 mph I’m like 13, but I can still pass but at this point the MTs are so loud it sucks.

On 4.88:
At 45 mph I’m like 22 (most of my in town driving)
At 55 mph I have driveline vibrations so I can’t drive 55!
At 65 mph I’m like 17
At 75 mph I’m like 13, but I can still pass but at this point the MTs are so loud it sucks.
I hope that the driveline vibrations and tire noise can be remedied!

Where do you do 100 miles of 4 low?
Magruder corridor, highland city, avalanch gultch, radersburg, and a couple unnamed trails. The corridor roads accounted for about 55 of the total miles in low- mostly for downhill speed control on a ten mile section and a 3o mile section, and then the top of the trail was all snow-packed drifts from the winter. Higland city is about 5 miles in and out of low range, avalanch gultch is 28 mile loop- but it was raining and we had snow again too- its mostly clay... radersburg was a BLm trail that required low range. The Magruder is 2.3 million acres of wilderness on one side of the road, and 1.2 Million acres or wilderness on the other. The road itself is 117 miles long, but there are about 200 miles of trails that are part of the route that can be travelled.

Attachments

• IMG_6286.JPG
    IMG_6286.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6280.JPG
    IMG_6280.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6282.JPG
    IMG_6282.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6299.JPG
    IMG_6299.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6462.JPG
    IMG_6462.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 13
Magruder corridor, highland city, avalanch gultch, radersburg, and a couple unnamed trails. The corridor roads accounted for about 55 of the total miles in low- mostly for downhill speed control on a ten mile section and a 3o mile section, and then the top of the trail was all snow-packed drifts from the winter. Higland city is about 5 miles in and out of low range, avalanch gultch is 28 mile loop- but it was raining and we had snow again too- its mostly clay... radersburg was a BLm trail that required low range. The Magruder is 2.3 million acres of wilderness on one side of the road, and 1.2 Million acres or wilderness on the other. The road itself is 117 miles long, but there are about 200 miles of trails that are part of the route that can be travelled.
Looks like a great time! I’ll have to check out that stretch eventually!

I have a JTRD with 37s on 4.10 gears and I have been averaging 18.5 to 19.2 mpg, depending on how I drive, during the week and ~21.5 mpg highway; based on computer.

I have a JTRD with 37s on 4.10 gears and I have been averaging 18.5 to 19.2 mpg, depending on how I drive, during the week and ~21.5 mpg highway; based on computer.
I only saw those numbers on the stock Mojave wheels and tires. Spacer lift with 37' Trail Grapplers, I'm at 16 hwy average with a 13 street average. 18 mpg is only seen when going down a ramp. I live in South Florida and its as flat as a 1980s super model......no idea how you are getting those numbers. Is it diesel??

I only saw those numbers on the stock Mojave wheels and tires. Spacer lift with 37' Trail Grapplers, I'm at 16 hwy average with a 13 street average. 18 mpg is only seen when going down a ramp. I live in South Florida and its as flat as a 1980s super model......no idea how you are getting those numbers. Is it diesel??
Literally says JTDR.

Top Bottom