GraniteCrystal build thread

Those caps/spouts are crap, trying to conform to CARB regs...I ordered rotopax water spouts for replacements...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Interesting strategy. I haven't had the time to try it yet. I'll report back. I like the idea of Rotopax and no one seems to have trouble with them except me but thus far it's just been a pain point.

Grinder with cutoff wheel. Or tin snips if you can avoid bending the hood on the part you will keep.

Just got a new pour spout and cap from Rotopax. I showed them my leaking issues and they sent this right over. Awesome customer service.

It's a new design (at least to me) that locks. Need to figure out what that's about. I like that it's angled though so I don't have to hold the can so high up in the air.

View attachment 273564

I can't figure out how to get gas to come out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Finished the hood louver. 2 am. Tired. Pics to come tomorrow. Took so much longer than planned. In the dark, it looks awesome. Hope it doesn't disappoint in the daylight.

And it's done!

IMG_20170919_075532.jpg

IMG_20170919_075522.jpg

IMG_20170919_075545.jpg

I don't have any buffing supplies so it's glossy but not a mirror like the body of the Jeep. Long term I may try to polish it up a bit but right now I just wanted it on for the Texas Exodus and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Top Bottom